5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2012 1:23 PM by Peter Gjelstrup RSS

why was my post deleted????

frm40735
      about installations?????????
        • 1. Re: why was my post deleted????
          You may need to provide a lot more information as to what you mean.
          What forum?
          When did you post it?
          Were you beginning a new inquiry?
          Or were you responding with help to someone else's post?
          If a response, was it to a current active thread?
          • 2. Re: why was my post deleted????
            frm40735
            well i had posted the original message on this board. it was more of a rant but in a good way.
            was discussing why on earth it is so difficult installing oracle software, especially developer 2000 on windows PCs.

that can't be discussed on here or something?

ta
            • 3. Re: why was my post deleted????
              Your description of what you posted seems to suggest it would be best presented to the community as a stand-alone post. Is that what you had done, or had you appended it to some other thread ?

If posted on its own, it would invite a discussion.

As an appended post, it may have been interpreted as a hijack that attempted to rip focus from whatever was the original question of a thread. That would be less-than-ideal forum etiquette.
              • 4. Re: why was my post deleted????
                frm40735 wrote:
                well i had posted the original message on this board.
                Well, the reason it would have been deleted is written right at the top of this forum in nice bold letters

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=599

Please Do Not Post Product or My Oracle Support-Related Questions Here!
                This forum is for "Community Feedback" about OTN content and services only; product- or support-related questions will be DELETED.
                was discussing why on earth it is so difficult installing oracle software, especially developer 2000 on windows PCs.
                that can't be discussed on here or something?
                No.

I guess there could have been a forum, a very long time ago, possibly in another galaxy, for Developer 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_Developer_Suite

>
                As with most products that had 2000 in their name, this was dropped after 1999
                >

Though I can understand your frustration since you have been trying to install it for over 12 years.
                • 5. Re: why was my post deleted????
                  Peter Gjelstrup
                  Though I can understand your frustration since you have been trying to install it for over 12 years.
                  {noformat}^.^{noformat}