3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2012 3:49 AM by kuppusv RSS

Requirements implementation clarification

kuppusv
      Hi Experts,

I would need your suggestion again. We have Trusted source as LDAP and target systems as SAP (SAP1, SAP2, SAP3). I did trusted recon to get all the users to OIM. User count in trusted source is 40K. I have few requirement,

Requirement: User has SAP accounts and I want to link these accounts to OIM users
      My suggestion: Run target recon against SAP so we can link SAP accounts to OIM users.
      Your suggestion: ?

Requirement: User has SAP account where many sap attributes are not filled and it needs to be populated from external system say another SAP2.
      My suggestion: During target recon use post process handler to fetch/populated attribtues in SAP from SAP2 and provision back to SAP using OIM API's.

Requirement: If there is any change in SAP attributes during target recon with SAP1, modified attributes must be synced to SAP 2 but not to SAP3
      My suggestion: Map all the attributes to OIM and use Triggers to update in target system when OIM attribute value changes.

Please let me know your suggestion/best practises.. Also feel free to educate me whether my suggestion/approach is correct.

Thanks a lot.
        • 1. Re: Requirements implementation clarification
          kuppusv
          Hi Experts,

any suggestions?
          • 2. Re: Requirements implementation clarification
            IAM_TECH
            Requirement: User has SAP accounts and I want to link these accounts to OIM users
            My suggestion: Run target recon against SAP so we can link SAP accounts to OIM users.
            Your suggestion: Correct ..

Requirement: User has SAP account where many sap attributes are not filled and it needs to be populated from external system say another SAP2.
            My suggestion: During target recon use post process handler to fetch/populated attribtues in SAP from SAP2 and provision back to SAP using OIM API's.
            Your suggestion: Can you able to handle in from outside of OIM. Populate SAP2 to SAP1 directly...
            another option (I haven't tried but you can attempt it ) if the set of attributes are totally different in SAP1 and SAP 2 you can run the target reconciliation against both the SAP instance. Only change would be the different IT Resource Object.

Requirement: If there is any change in SAP attributes during target recon with SAP1, modified attributes must be synced to SAP 2 but not to SAP3
            My suggestion: Map all the attributes to OIM and use Triggers to update in target system when OIM attribute value changes.
            Your suggestion: Are you putting every attributes on OIM User profile ? If yes then only you can use user.trigger lookup ..
            • 3. Re: Requirements implementation clarification
              kuppusv
              Thanks a lot! I appreciate it.