2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 3:55 AM by 837363 RSS

DBaaS Queries

Hi All,

I tested Database as a Service in Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
      I have the below queries on the same.

Can we scale up the database instances in DBAAS ?

What is the backup strategy used for the provisioned databases? Is there an automated backup process available for the Self service users?

Can we clone the production database for the self service users? As in this case we can just create the database, but can we clone an existing database for an SSA user

Regards,
      Krishna Kamal.
        • 1. Re: DBaaS Queries
          Adeesh Fulay
          Can we scale up the database instances in DBAAS ?
          Can you expand on this? Are you looking to add nodes to a clustered databases, or do you just want to add more CPU/Memory/etc to the database?
          What is the backup strategy used for the provisioned databases? Is there an automated backup process available for the Self service users?
          Yes. If the SSA Admin has setup FRA, the SSA user can schedule backups for their databases. Once scheduled, we use the standard Oracle recommended backup strategy.
          Can we clone the production database for the self service users? As in this case we can just create the database, but can we clone an existing database for an SSA user
          Yes, this is in the works. For more details drop me an email at adeesh.fulay@oracle.com and we can discuss further.
          • 2. Re: DBaaS Queries
            Hi Adeesh,

Thanks for the information.

For my first query, I would like to add an instance to the already provisioned database using DBaaS.

The other info answers my queries.

Regards,
            Kamal.