1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 10, 2012 12:17 AM by Sutirtha Roy RSS

editing process flow in OWB

DBA94080
      We have a working OWB 10g project with a number of process flows which we use to run our daily ETL. The person who developed this left and I am a newbie to OWB. I need to make some small changes to the process flows - to change the email address in the email activity within each process flow. My question is: Do I just change the email address with the Process Editior and hit commit, or do I have to do the "Validate" and then "Deploy" after making the change?

The individual process flows are grouped into one process flow package. I notice that "Deploy" only work on the Package level which mean if I need to do "Deploy" I would need to deploy everything at once which makes me a little worry.

Any help is appreciated.
        • 1. Re: editing process flow in OWB
          Sutirtha Roy
          user94030 wrote:
          We have a working OWB 10g project with a number of process flows which we use to run our daily ETL. The person who developed this left and I am a newbie to OWB. I need to make some small changes to the process flows - to change the email address in the email activity within each process flow. My question is: Do I just change the email address with the Process Editior and hit commit, or do I have to do the "Validate" and then "Deploy" after making the change?
          You need to commit .. then deploy the change
          >
          The individual process flows are grouped into one process flow package. I notice that "Deploy" only work on the Package level which mean if I need to do "Deploy" I would need to deploy everything at once which makes me a little worry.
          If you are not changiing any other process flow then you do not need to worry about other untouched object .. they will remain same.
          Any help is appreciated.