2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 5:04 PM by 938644 RSS

ProbeRuntimeMBean terminate method does not work for me ..

I have a strange phenomenon .. I build this application which monitor the throughput of all the stages in the EPN .
      The first time I run the program everything seems to be OK . The next time I feed the application ( either via load generator or real data ) ,
      the throughput is reducing ( smaller number than the fisrt time ) and next time the throughput is reducing ' an so on ..
      I read that I have to use the 'terminate' in order to stop getting the metrics and unregister the ProbeRuntimeMBean from the mbean server .

Here is an snippet of my program:

ObjectName thruputObject = monitorMBean.monitorAvgThroughput(stageObjectIn, (new Long(averageThroughputInterval)).longValue(), (newLong(averageThroughputInterval)).longValue());
           ProbeRuntimeMBean probeAvgThroughput = (ProbeRuntimeMBean)MBeanServerInvocationHandler.newProxyInstance(connection, thruputObject, ProbeRuntimeMBean.class, false);
           listener = new AverageThroughputJMXNotificationListener(stageName, connection);

When i done I use this:

When i use the 'Visualizer' , the numbers (throughput ) are correct .
      Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with my program?
      How can i get it work correctly ? ..
      Did i miss something?
      Plz help ..
        • 1. Re: ProbeRuntimeMBean terminate method does not work for me ..

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your snippet of code.

What long value are using for the avg?

Does this happen only with a single app, or for all apps?

Is it possible for you to file a bug (with the app)?

• 2. Re: ProbeRuntimeMBean terminate method does not work for me ..
            It took me a while but I think I can give you a good example that shows when it's not working:
            In the CEP Labs there are 7 labs ( tutorials) - "JMS Sample " "EPN Editor " ,"103-CQL-Processor" .. etc .
            If you take the " JMS Sample " , and use the load_ genertao as it said in the tutorial itself , than , when you run it a lot of times ( more than 10 times ) you will see that the number of the thghruput is reducing ( after the 10th or 15th time ) .once it does , the number drpos down dramatically each time you disconnect and reconnect to the mbean server .

I found it out when my EPN included a lot of stages , and in these cases ( a lot of stagec) , it takes a short time to notice it.
            because you wanted a simple example , It took me a while to notice it - in the begigning I thoght that it happens only with " completcated" EPN
            ( many stages ), but finally i can say that it does in each senario.