14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2012 4:17 AM by 960970 RSS

Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx

Hi all,

I am a newbiy in the weblogic server and I have tried to configure simple ejb-module.
      But when I started server I get an error:

<Sep 10, 2012 9:58:00 AM NOVST> <Warning> <EJB> <BEA-010061> <The Message-Driven EJB: TestProcessor is unable to connect to the JMS destination: TestProcessor. The Error was:
      Can not get destination information. The destination JNDI name is TestProcessor, the provider URL is null>

So could you please explain what I doing wrong?

Here is my ejb-jar.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <ejb-jar version="2.1" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/ejb-jar_2_1.xsd">
           <enterprise-beans>
                <message-driven>
                     <ejb-name>TestProcessor</ejb-name>
                     <ejb-class>test.core.TestProcessor</ejb-class>     
                     <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>
                     <message-destination-type>javax.jms.Queue</message-destination-type>
                </message-driven>
           </enterprise-beans>
           <assembly-descriptor>
                <container-transaction>
                     <method>
                          <method-name>onMessage()</method-name>
                     </method>
                     <trans-attribute>Required</trans-attribute>
                </container-transaction>
           </assembly-descriptor>
      </ejb-jar>

weblogic-ejb-jar.xml:

<weblogic-ejb-jar xmlns="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90 http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90/weblogic-ejb-jar.xsd">
      <weblogic-enterprise-bean>
      <message-driven-descriptor>
      <pool>
      <max-beans-in-free-pool>1</max-beans-in-free-pool>
      <initial-beans-in-free-pool>1</initial-beans-in-free-pool>
      </pool>
           <destination-jndi-name>jms/testQueue</destination-jndi-name>
      </message-driven-descriptor>
      </weblogic-enterprise-bean>
      </weblogic-ejb-jar>

And processor:

public class TestProcessor implements MessageDrivenBean, MessageListener {

public void onMessage(Message arg0) {
           }

public void ejbCreate() throws IOException{
           }

public void ejbRemove() throws EJBException {
           }

public void setMessageDrivenContext(MessageDrivenContext ctx)
                     throws EJBException {
           }
      }

P.S. I must to use exactly this version weblogic's server
      Thanks for help

Edited by: 957967 on 09.09.2012 20:55

Edited by: 957967 on 09.09.2012 20:58

Edited by: 957967 on 09.09.2012 21:49
        • 1. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
          Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
          Hi,

Did you try to provide JNDI name and URL details to get connection with current JMS server.

From your code I dont see such option exists.

Please recheck your code.

Regards,
          Kal
          • 2. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
            Hi Kal,

Thanks for quick response. I have applied a mistake and fix it (now my the code is valid).

I am getting next error:

<The Message-Driven EJB: TestProcessor is unable to connect to the JMS destination: Queue. The Error was:
            Can not get destination information. The destination JNDI name is Queue, the provider URL is t3://localhost:7001>

Also I have started server from the eclipse.

Thanks,
            Igor
            • 3. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
              Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
              Hi,

Can you execute the following code out side of eclipse to verify whether it is able to connect or not.

Regards,
              Kal
              • 4. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                I go to my domain directory and launched startWebLogic.cmd and I see the same error as in the eclipse.

Here is my additional information about server:
                I have created
                1) Jms module with name "jmsModule" and type "system".
                2) Connection factory in this module with name "jms/connectionFactory", JNDI Name "jms/connectionFactory", Subdeployment "Default Targetting", targets "AdminServer"
                3) Queue with name "jms/testQueue", JNDI Name "jms/testQueue", Subdeployment "jms/testQueue"

Here is error from the server console:

<Sep 10, 2012 11:41:20 AM NOVST> <Warning> <EJB> <BEA-010061> <The Message-Driven EJB: TestProcessor is unable to connect to the JMS destination: jms/testQueue.
                The Error was: Can not get destination information. The destination JNDI name is jms/testQueue,
                the provider URL is null>

Thanks,
                Igor
                • 5. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                  Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                  Hi,

Ok I got your point.

here is the explanation for this issue.

The MDB application is trying to get the Connection Factory object from the JNDI tree during start-up.

The application status during the start-up is in "Deployed" (not Active status) and JNDI is not allowing the MDB application to do the look-up due to the application status.

Once the Managed Server goes to Running status, the MDB application will connect to the destination

In the MDB application, add this parameter:
                  start-mdbs-with-application=false

If this parameter is set, the MDB will start only after the server starts completely.

Regards,
                  Kal
                  • 6. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                    Hi,

I have created weblogic-application.xml in the META-INF folder with next content:

<wls:weblogic-application xmlns:wls="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90 http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/920/weblogic-application.xsd http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/j2ee_1_4.xsd">
                    <wls:ejb>
                         <wls:start-mdbs-with-application>false</wls:start-mdbs-with-application>
                    </wls:ejb>
                    </wls:weblogic-application>

But I still can see this error. Probably I have incorrectly configured jmsModule?

Thanks for the help really appreciate it
                    • 7. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                      Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                      That's perfect.

Now clear cache and tmp folder from your current server you will find them under.

%Domain_Home% / servers / <Servername> /

and restart the server again.

This will solve your problem.

Regards,
                      kal
                      • 8. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                        I am sorry but it does not helps me. I still see this error :(
                        I also tried to change domain to the new one (with the same settings).

Thanks,
                        Igor
                        • 9. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                          Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                          Hi,

You mentioned jms/testQueue as your JNDI name can you try to keep with testQueue instead of jms/testQueue and also provide url details again.
                          • 10. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                            I have changed "jms/testQueue" to the "testQueue" in the jms-modules admin page and in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

<destination-jndi-name>testQueue</destination-jndi-name>
                            <provider-url>t3://localhost:7001</provider-url>

Also I have removed all files from cache and tmp directories. But the problem remains.

<Sep 10, 2012 3:17:51 PM NOVST> <Warning> <EJB> <BEA-010061> <The Message-Driven EJB: TestProcessor is unable to connect to the JMS destination: testQueue. The Error was:
                            Can not get destination information. The destination JNDI name is testQueue, the provider URL is t3://localhost:7001>
                            • 11. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                              Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                              can you try this option in startup script.

-Dweblogic.jndi.retainenvironment=true

and check again.

Regards,
                              Kal
                              • 12. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                                It throws an error:

C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain>startWebLogic.cmd -Dweblogic.jndi.retainenviron
                                ment=true
                                JAVA Memory arguments: -Xms256m -Xmx512m
                                WLS Start Mode=Development
                                CLASSPATH=;C:\bea\patch_weblogic924\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\webl
                                ogic_patch.jar;C:\bea\JROCKI~1\lib\tools.jar;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\weblogic
                                _sp.jar;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\weblogic.jar;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\webse
                                rvices.jar;;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\common\eval\pointbase\lib\pbclient51.jar;C:\bea\WEBL
                                OG~1\server\lib\xqrl.jar;;
                                PATH=C:\bea\patch_weblogic924\profiles\default\native;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\nat
                                ive\win\32;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\bin;C:\bea\JROCKI~1\jre\bin;C:\bea\JROCKI~1\bi
                                n;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\bea\jdk150_22\bin;C
                                :\bea\jdk150_22\bin;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\native\win\32\oci920_8
                                ***************************************************
                                * To start WebLogic Server, use a username and *
                                * password assigned to an admin-level user. For *
                                * server administration, use the WebLogic Server *
                                * console at http:\\hostname:port\console *
                                starting weblogic with Java version:
                                java version "1.5.0_22"
                                Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_22-b03)
                                BEA JRockit(R) (build R27.6.6-28_o-125824-1.5.0_22-20091214-2104-windows-ia32, c
                                ompiled mode)
                                Starting WLS with line:
                                C:\bea\JROCKI~1\bin\java -jrockit -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Xverify:none -da -Dplat
                                form.home=C:\bea\WEBLOG~1 -Dwls.home=C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server -Dwli.home=C:\bea\WE
                                BLOG~1\integration -Dweblogic.management.discover=true -Dwlw.iterativeDev= -Dw
                                lw.testConsole= -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole= -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=C:\bea\patch_weblo
                                gic924\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_classpath -Dweblogic.Name=AdminServer -D
                                java.security.policy=C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\weblogic.policy -Dweblogic.jnd
                                i.retainenvironment true weblogic.Server
                                Exception in thread "Main Thread" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: true
                                • 13. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                                  Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
                                  No put it in setDomainEnv.sh file under java_option.

and restart it again.
                                  • 14. Re: Can not get destination information.The destination JNDI name is xxx
                                    C:\bea\user_projects\domains\rte>startWebLogic.cmd
                                    JAVA Memory arguments: -Xms256m -Xmx512m
                                    WLS Start Mode=Development
                                    CLASSPATH=;C:\bea\patch_weblogic924\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\webl
                                    ogic_patch.jar;C:\bea\JROCKI~1\lib\tools.jar;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\weblogic
                                    _sp.jar;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\weblogic.jar;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\webse
                                    rvices.jar;;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\common\eval\pointbase\lib\pbclient51.jar;C:\bea\WEBL
                                    OG~1\server\lib\xqrl.jar;;
                                    PATH=C:\bea\patch_weblogic924\profiles\default\native;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\nat
                                    ive\win\32;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\bin;C:\bea\JROCKI~1\jre\bin;C:\bea\JROCKI~1\bi
                                    n;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\bea\jdk150_22\bin;C
                                    :\bea\jdk150_22\bin;C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\native\win\32\oci920_8
                                    * To start WebLogic Server, use a username and *
                                    * password assigned to an admin-level user. For *
                                    * server administration, use the WebLogic Server *
                                    * console at http:\\hostname:port\console *
                                    starting weblogic with Java version:
                                    java version "1.5.0_22"
                                    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_22-b03)
                                    BEA JRockit(R) (build R27.6.6-28_o-125824-1.5.0_22-20091214-2104-windows-ia32, c
                                    ompiled mode)
                                    Starting WLS with line:
                                    C:\bea\JROCKI~1\bin\java -jrockit -Xms256m -Xmx512m -Xverify:none -da -Dplat
                                    form.home=C:\bea\WEBLOG~1 -Dwls.home=C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server -Dwli.home=C:\bea\WE
                                    BLOG~1\integration -Dweblogic.jndi.retainenvironment=true -Dweblogic.management
                                    .discover=true -Dwlw.iterativeDev= -Dwlw.testConsole= -Dwlw.logErrorsToConsole=
                                    -Dweblogic.ext.dirs=C:\bea\patch_weblogic924\profiles\default\sysext_manifest_c
                                    lasspath -Dweblogic.Name=AdminServer -Djava.security.policy=C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\serv
                                    er\lib\weblogic.policy weblogic.Server
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:47 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000395> <Followin
                                    g extensions directory contents added to the end of the classpath:
                                    C:\bea\weblogic92\platform\lib\p13n\p13n-schemas.jar;C:\bea\weblogic92\platform\
                                    lib\p13n\p13n_common.jar;C:\bea\weblogic92\platform\lib\p13n\p13n_system.jar;C:\
                                    bea\weblogic92\platform\lib\wlp\netuix_common.jar;C:\bea\weblogic92\platform\lib
                                    \wlp\netuix_schemas.jar;C:\bea\weblogic92\platform\lib\wlp\netuix_system.jar;C:\
                                    bea\weblogic92\platform\lib\wlp\wsrp-common.jar>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:47 PM NOVST> <Info> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000377> <Starting W
                                    ebLogic Server with BEA JRockit(R) Version R27.6.6-28_o-125824-1.5.0_22-20091214
                                    -2104-windows-ia32 from BEA Systems, Inc.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:48 PM NOVST> <Info> <Management> <BEA-141107> <Version: WebLo
                                    gic Server 9.2 MP4 Thu Jul 22 09:38:14 BST 2010 1350494 >
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:50 PM NOVST> <Info> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000215> <Loaded Lic
                                    ense : C:\bea\license.bea>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:50 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server s
                                    tate changed to STARTING>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:50 PM NOVST> <Info> <WorkManager> <BEA-002900> <Initializing
                                    self-tuning thread pool>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:50 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170019> <The serv
                                    er log file C:\bea\user_projects\domains\rte\servers\AdminServer\logs\AdminServe
                                    r.log is opened. All server side log events will be written to this file.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:52 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090082> <Security initi
                                    alizing using security realm myrealm.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:55 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server s
                                    tate changed to STANDBY>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:55 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server s
                                    tate changed to STARTING>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:58 PM NOVST> <Warning> <EJB> <BEA-010061> *<The Message-Driven*
                                    EJB: TestProcessor is unable to connect to the JMS destination: testQueue. The
                                    Error was:
                                    Can not get destination information. The destination JNDI name is testQueue, the
                                    provider URL is t3://localhost:7001>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:58 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170027> <The serv
                                    er initialized the domain log broadcaster successfully. Log messages will now be
                                    broadcasted to the domain log.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:58 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server s
                                    tate changed to ADMIN>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:58 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server s
                                    tate changed to RESUMING>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:59 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090171> <Loading the id
                                    entity certificate and private key stored under the alias DemoIdentity from the
                                    jks keystore file C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\DemoIdentity.jks.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:59 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090169> <Loading truste
                                    d certificates from the jks keystore file C:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\DemoTrust.j
                                    ks.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:59 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090169> <Loading truste
                                    d certificates from the jks keystore file C:\bea\JROCKI~1\jre\lib\security\cacer
                                    ts.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:59 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the t
                                    rusted CA certificate "CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 3,OU=T-Systems Trust Center
                                    ,O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH,C=DE". The loading of the trusted certific
                                    ate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the Alg
                                    orithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:15:59 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090898> <Ignoring the t
                                    rusted CA certificate "CN=T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2,OU=T-Systems Trust Center
                                    ,O=T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH,C=DE". The loading of the trusted certific
                                    ate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the Alg
                                    orithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
                                    rusted CA certificate "CN=GlobalSign,O=GlobalSign,OU=GlobalSign Root CA - R3". T
                                    he loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exceptio
                                    n PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11
                                    .>
                                    rusted CA certificate "OU=Security Communication RootCA2,O=SECOM Trust Systems C
                                    O.\,LTD.,C=JP". The loading of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate
                                    parsing exception PKIX: Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.
                                    840.113549.1.1.11.>
                                    rusted CA certificate "CN=KEYNECTIS ROOT CA,OU=ROOT,O=KEYNECTIS,C=FR". The loadi
                                    ng of the trusted certificate list raised a certificate parsing exception PKIX:
                                    Unsupported OID in the AlgorithmIdentifier object: 1.2.840.113549.1.1.11.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:16:00 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Server> <BEA-002613> <Channel "Default
                                    " is now listening on 192.168.2.116:7001 for protocols iiop, t3, ldap, http.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:16:00 PM NOVST> <Notice> <Server> <BEA-002613> <Channel "Default
                                    Secure" is now listening on 192.168.2.116:7002 for protocols iiops, t3s, ldaps,
                                    https.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:16:00 PM NOVST> <Warning> <Server> <BEA-002611> <Hostname "winxp
                                    template.xored.local", maps to multiple IP addresses: 192.168.2.116, 127.0.0.1>

[1]" is now listening on 127.0.0.1:7001 for protocols iiop, t3, ldap, http.>
                                    Secure[1]" is now listening on 127.0.0.1:7002 for protocols iiops, t3s, ldaps, h
                                    ttps.>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:16:00 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000331> <Started
                                    WebLogic Admin Server "AdminServer" for domain "rte" running in Development Mode
                                    >
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:16:00 PM NOVST> <Warning> <Server> <BEA-002611> <Hostname "local
                                    host", maps to multiple IP addresses: 192.168.2.116, 127.0.0.1>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:16:00 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server s
                                    tate changed to RUNNING>
                                    <Sep 10, 2012 4:16:00 PM NOVST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000360> <Server s
                                    tarted in RUNNING mode>