This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2012 5:57 AM by matthew_morris RSS

IZ0-047  and  Oracle '12c'

960985 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
According to this article http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/applications/3361449/oracle-12c-database-set-for-december-or-january-release/
The new version of Oracle '12c' is scheduled to be released on December this year or January 2013...
I just wanna know if the IZ0-047 : SQL Expert will still be valid for the new version of Oracle?
your thoughts?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: IZ0-047  and  Oracle '12c'
    bigdelboy Pro
    957982 wrote:
    Hello,
    According to this article http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/applications/3361449/oracle-12c-database-set-for-december-or-january-release/
    The new version of Oracle '12c' is scheduled to be released on December this year or January 2013...
    I just wanna know if the IZ0-047 : SQL Expert will still be valid for the new version of Oracle?
    your thoughts?

Thanks
    It will be 12/12/12 ( Solaris 11 was 11/11/11 .. Java 7 was 7/7 .... could the marketing men miss it). I have posted this a couple of times.

IMHO: 1z0-047 will remain valid ... it Oracle 12 doesn't superset Oracle 11 and Oracle 12 then threre is an issue. 1z0-047 may get a refresh to 1z0-067 at some point ..... but 1z0-060 then 1z0-062 and 1z0-063 (the DBA certifications will be the priority ... with 1z0-065 and 1z0-068 following) ( I am assuming a sequence between 10g and 11g remains into 12c). This is all IM(not so)HO .. i have no insidered knowledge.
  • 2. Re: IZ0-047  and  Oracle '12c'
    matthew_morris Expert
    It depends on what you mean by 'valid'. If you are asking whether people certified as SQL Experts will continue to have a valid certification, I guarantee that will be the case. Oracle does not invalidate existing certifications when new releases come out. The SQL Expert certification, like the PL/SQL developer certifications (and unlike the DBA certifications) is not 'versioned'. Someone getting this certification today does not become an "Oracle 11g SQL Expert".

If you are asking whether the content of the SQL Expert test will still be valid for Oracle 12c, the question becomes (slightly) grayer. I have not been following Oracle 12c. I know that it's supposed to be cloudier, but little else about it. It may well contain significant new SQL functionality that should be included in the SQL Expert exam. However, I'm certain that it will not invalidate the information that exists in the current test. Oracle will not abandon ANSI SQL or remove existing functionality. Even if new functionality exists and Oracle decides to add it to a new version of the Expert test, this is unlikely to happen for quite some time following the release and would probably require a new beta exam. In all, a new 12c-enhanced test (if such were even to happen) wouldn't be available until 2014.

I can't see worrying too much about it myself. If you're interested in obtaining this certification, then I would go for the current version rather than waiting on some future update that may not happen for years.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points