This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 9:36 PM by XeM Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Forms Builder 10.1.2.3 Crash in Windows 7
    961081 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    This is how PATH environment variable looked,
    C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jdk\jre\bin\classic;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jdk\jre\bin;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jdk\jre\bin\client;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\bin;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jre\1.4.2\bin\client;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jre\1.4.2\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\OPatch

I moved windows directories first and set the value as,

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\OPatch;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jdk\jre\bin\classic;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jdk\jre\bin;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jdk\jre\bin\client;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\bin;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jre\1.4.2\bin\client;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jre\1.4.2\bin;

But still no luck. And this is the only oracle home i have and its the only forms i have in this system.
  • 16. Re: Forms Builder 10.1.2.3 Crash in Windows 7
    961081 Newbie
    Do you think any java related stuff might be missing?

I have JDK 6 su 35
  • 17. Re: Forms Builder 10.1.2.3 Crash in Windows 7
    CraigB Guru
    I don't believe this is a Java issue.
    I tried installing in Windows 7 XP Mode Virtual PC. There also forms builder crashes.
    The fact that the Forms Builder crashes in Windows 7 AND Windows XP Mode suggests you have a bad installer. I recommend you download the installer again and try installation with a different installer.

The only other thing I've seen cause the Forms Builder to crash is problems with the Registry. In the past, when I've been unable to resolve odd crashes in the Forms Builder, I've used a tool like Microsoft's RegClean to clean the Windows registry. In 9 out of 10 cases - this typically fixed the crashes. You could try this, but I hesitated to mention this before because you were crashing in Windows 7 and in Windows XP (mode). MS-RegClean is no longer available from Microsoft, but you can find in on the Internet. I DO NOT recommend you use RegClean with Windows 7 - they are just not compatible with each other and RegClean could damage your Windows 7 registry. If you are going to try cleaning your registry, I recommend you find a good "Reputable" registry cleaner software and use it instead of RegClean.

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful.
    Craig...
  • 18. Re: Forms Builder 10.1.2.3 Crash in Windows 7
    961081 Newbie
    Thanks for the suggestion Craig.

I actually downloaded a fresh copy and installed again. Still have the same issue.
    Let me see, if I can use regclean in the XP mode .

Thanks
    Lakshmanan AK
  • 19. Re: Forms Builder 10.1.2.3 Crash in Windows 7
    CraigB Guru
    Let me see, if I can use regclean in the XP mode .
    I don't recommend using RegClean - it is too old and out dated. I recommend any more updated Registry tool that is designed for your OS over RegClean. A couple of good examples are CCleaner and PCTools Registry Mechanic just to name a few.

Any time you do anything with the Windows Registry - always have a good backup first.

Also, if you have a new installation of Windows XP Mode - I don't believe you would have a problem with registry so soon, but you never know. Personally, I think their might be something else at play here - we just don't have enough information to help you identify it. How much RAM do you have installed on your computer? How much RAM did you allocate to Windows XP Mode?

Craig...
  • 20. Re: Forms Builder 10.1.2.3 Crash in Windows 7
    lake Journeyer
    I would change that program files (x86) in the path to (likely)
    progra~2

That was a huge problem for forms 11. It might have been a problem for forms 10.

You can see what 8.3 directory names should be
    dir /x *.* /ad

so you have something like this in the path. Note how the parentheses are not in the path.
    One wouldn't think squiggles would be that great either but they are better than parentheses.

c:\progra~2\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\

also there's a tendency for paths to be too long.

It changed star dot star to dot above.

Edited by: lake on Sep 17, 2012 6:51 PM

Edited by: lake on Sep 17, 2012 6:52 PM
  • 21. Re: Forms Builder 10.1.2.3 Crash in Windows 7
    13191 Newbie
    After launching form builder try to connect to the Database first before you open any FMB ...it will work...

Edited by: RKNV on Feb 12, 2013 1:09 PM
  • 22. Re: Forms Builder 10.1.2.3 Crash in Windows 7
    XeM Newbie
    Hi,

I had the same problem. You may try this what i did and fixed my installation. First uninstall the developer suite completely and try to find the registry entries delete them if you can other wise leave it but be sure you uninstall dev suite home completely. And then re-install dev suite on the drive other then operating system is installed on suppose you have installed operating system on C:\ install dev suite on D:\ or any other drive. I hope it would might help you to solve your issue.
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points