6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2012 8:30 PM by user10757003

How to load excel source data file into FDM

Michael.J Wonder
      Hello

Is there a method to load excel format data file into FDM ? It is Essbase adapter. If yes, how can i do it ?

I reviewed the topics in the forums, it seems there is a excel template to upload data into FDM, and using this template we do not need a import format. I am not sure about this, if yes, where can i find a excel template ?

Else what kind of excel format data can be import to FDM using what kind of import format ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: How to load excel source data file into FDM
          SH_INT
          There are a number of templates for excel that support the import of single and multi period data feeds. The underlying functionality is all based on named ranges which FDM picks up and interprets when the excelfile is imported. It is true no import formats are required as all the necessary metadata is contained in the templates. Example templates come as part of the FDM install and are usually placed in the Outbox\Templates directory when deployed
          • 2. Re: How to load excel source data file into FDM
            Michael.J Wonder
            Hi SH,

Thank you for the update.

But in our FDM server environment, i search /outbox/template for all FDM applications. I can not find the excel template both for single and multi period data load. And i also try to get the template from edelivery, but failed.

Do you know where can i get the template ?

If i can not find the template, can i make the template myself ? My requirement is simple, below is the source data format. I can import it info FDM based on the tab delimited using .txt or .csv file. But i can not import the two lines data into FDM using Excel. So can i make the excel template myself ? I try to define the name of upsrange in excel. Then i got another error message: GL account filed was missing. But i list all the necessary 8 metadata names in FDM in the excel data file in the first line. It is still not working.

Jun     BaseDT     GM Asia Source     COS Unallocated     CRUZE     GMNA Consolidated     FY12     Material Source %     0.15
            Jun     BaseDT     GM AP Other Source     COS Unallocated     CRUZE     GMNA Consolidated     FY12     Material Source %     0.2

Thanks much,
            • 3. Re: How to load excel source data file into FDM
              JeffJon
              All of the templates for FDM should be located in a zip file in the Shared Components directory on the FDM Server:

Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\Products\FinancialDataQuality\SharedComponents
              • 4. Re: How to load excel source data file into FDM
                Michael.J Wonder
                Thank you for the help.

But my FDM version is system 9. i can not find folder \Middleware\EPMSystem11R1\Products\FinancialDataQuality\SharedComponents.

Thanks,
                • 5. Re: How to load excel source data file into FDM
                  Michael.J Wonder
                  I used the excel template you sent to me, then it is working. Below is the difinition in the excel template for my source record.

What is the special with this excel template ? There is ups range in the excel template, but in my test excel file, there is ups range as well.

Anyway, thank you for your help. I really appreciate.

UD1     UD6     UD4     UD3     UD5     ENTITY     UD2     ACCOUNT     V

Jun     BaseDT     GM Asia Source     COS Unallocated     CRUZE     GMNA Consolidated     FY12     Material Source %     0.15

Thanks a lot,
                  • 6. Re: How to load excel source data file into FDM
                    user10757003
                    Check out page 151 of the FDM Admin guide. Basically the upsrange is the metadata / data block of data. If you add additional records to the excel template you have, then you would need to extend the cell info in the uprange otherwise the import will ignore the records not included.