This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 12:43 PM by 715223 RSS

ODSI Caching - Help

715223 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Trying to set up caching in ODSI. I have set up the datasource which connects to an an Oracle DB which has the caching table (Re-using the existing DB).

URL in the newly created DataSource - jdbc:oracle:thin:@//<hostName>:<portName>/<serviceName>

Entered the databaseName in the connection properties of the datasource.
user=<userName>
databaseName=<databaseName>

Followed the steps in
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13162_01/odsi/docs10gr3/admin/cache.html#wp1069699

In ODSI console, enabled caching and pointed to newly cretaed datasource name. Enabled caching on one of the functions. When calling that function I get errors in the logs.

In the table name field, I tried two different values in the table name field in ODSI console where the caching is enabled -

*1. when I entered just the table name, I get following exception*

<Error in cache record read
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Doesn't it take the databaseName property in the dataSource?

*2. when I entered <databaseName>.<tableName> in the table name field...I get following message*

<Error accessing cache table <databaseName>.<tableName>. Cache is not active. Cache table must already exist in Production Mode.>

Any ideas please on how to set up caching?
  • 1. Re: ODSI Caching - Help
    715223 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Problem solved. Issue was the table within a database schema was not getting recognized. Changing the table properties by enforcing synonyms solved it.

1.e.

when you call select directly on the table without the database name in the SQL statement....the query should return results. Should not say table or view does not exist.

OR

cache table can be a SYSTEM table in the DB.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points