This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 9:10 AM by Tridus RSS

Installing ODBC driver for oracle 10g

961523 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have installed oracle 10.2 and my system conf is Windows 7 64-bit.

I want to connect excel with oracle, after doing some research i found we need to have an odbc connection.

I am trying to follow below steps:-

Control panel -> Administrative tools -> Data source -> System dsn. Add dsn. When i click Add dsn i dont find any Oracle odbc drivers.

Can anyone please provide me steps to have drivers installed and connect the datasource with oracle
  • 1. Re: Installing ODBC driver for oracle 10g
    rp0428 Guru
    Welcome to the forum!
    >
    Can anyone please provide me steps to have drivers installed and connect the datasource with oracle
    >
    That is a Microsoft issue. Search MDN or post on a Microsoft forum for how to install ODBC on you OS.
  • 2. Re: Installing ODBC driver for oracle 10g
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi;

Pelase review:
    How To Install Both 32-bit and 64-bit ODP, OLEDB, And ODBC Oracle Software on 64-bit Windows [ID 795602.1]     To BottomTo Bottom     
    How to Install The Instant Client and Instant Client ODBC Driver [ID 960511.1]
    How To Install ODBC, OLEDB, OO4O With a Custom Install [ID 389426.1]

Regard
    Helios
  • 3. Re: Installing ODBC driver for oracle 10g
    EdStevens Guru
    958520 wrote:

I want to connect excel with oracle, after doing some research i found we need to have an odbc connection.

Control panel -> Administrative tools -> Data source -> System dsn. Add dsn. When i click Add dsn i dont find any Oracle odbc drivers.

If you just do a standard install of the oracle client, it doesn't install the odbc driver. Go back and install again, like this:
    1) select 'custom' install
    2) IMPORTANT! BE SURE TO INSTALL INTO THE EXISTING ORACLE CLIENT HOME
    3) when presented with a list of components to install, select the entire group of "windows components", (you should see odbc drivers as a part of that list)
  • 4. Re: Installing ODBC driver for oracle 10g
    Tridus Journeyer
    958520 wrote:

Did you install a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Oracle?

My guess is 32 bit. The ODBC manager you're running is the 64 bit one, so it won't be in there.

Run this: c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points