This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 6:08 AM by 958240 RSS

Oracle 10g Admin-I is done, what next?

958240 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have completed Oracle 10g Admin I & SQL. Can i take Oracle 11g Admin II or i just have to completed Oracle 10g Admin II (Instructer Lead) exam and the go for an upgrade to 11g ?

Plz suggest.

Regards
  • 1. Re: Oracle 10g Admin-I is done, what next?
    matthew_morris Expert
    Your question is not really clear. I'm going to take some guesses at what you mean and what you are asking
    I have completed Oracle 10g Admin I & SQL.
    I'm guessing that by this you mean that you have passed two Oracle certification exams, presumably:

*1Z0-007     Introduction to Oracle9i SQL*
    and
    *1Z0-042     Oracle Database 10g: Administration I*     
    Can i take Oracle 11g Admin II
    I'm assuming that you are asking if you can take the following exam:

*1Z0-053     Oracle Database 11g: Administration II*

This exam is on a different track than 1Z0-042. The two cannot be combined for any certification.
    or i just have to completed Oracle 10g Admin II (Instructer Lead) exam
    To complete the Oracle 10G certification, you must pass the following exam:

*1Z0-043     Oracle Database 10g: Administration II*

The exam itself is not instructor-lead, so I don't know what you mean by that. In addition to passing the test, you must attend instructor-lead training. The courses valid for the 10G track can be found here:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=244#2
    and the go for an upgrade to 11g ?
    Once you have your 10G certification, you can upgrade to having an 11G OCP certification by passing the following exam:

*1Z0-050     Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators*
  • 2. Re: Oracle 10g Admin-I is done, what next?
    958240 Newbie
    What i meant was, we need to undergo Instructor Lead class before taking Oracle 10g Admin II exam.

Thanks for your reply. So, I have to pass Oracle 10g Admin II exam and the take up the upgrade exam for Oracle 11g.

Edited by: 955237 on 12 Sep, 2012 6:05 AM
  • 3. Re: Oracle 10g Admin-I is done, what next?
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    You do not need to take an instructor-led class before taking the admin II exam, but you will need to take a course before receiving the certification. The theory is that you'd like to take it before taking the exam because is will help you prepare for the exam. The course can be instructor-led in-class, a live virtual class or a training on demand class.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator