This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
I have repeated the steps you just described using the Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP connected to the OLAPTRAIN sample data set, and I did not come across any issues.
Can you please indicate:
- what version of Oracle OLAP?
- what version of Excel
- what version of Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP?
Can you test against a different cube, such as OLAPTRAIN, and see if the issue persists? If it persists, please contact Simba Support at email@example.com, or contact me directly. If you do not see a problem connecting to a different cube, then likely the issue is with your cube.
The feature you are looking for is called "Visual Totals." In Excel this is enabled by going to PivotTable Options > Totals & Filters, and unchecking the box "Include filtered items in set totals." As this is somewhat challenging in a MOLAP cube, I suggest you follow up with Oracle.
Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
1. Oracle 220.127.116.11.0
2. Excel 2007 (but I get it also on Excel 2010).
3. Simba 18.104.22.168
Unfortunately I don't have the rights to install OLAPTRAIN on my database so all I have are cubes that I've created. I am going to change the datatype of the LONG and SHORT descriptions to be VARCHAR and see if that makes a difference. I did contact Simba but they suggested talking to Oracle as it's clearly an Oracle error. If you can help, then that would be great but I'll let you know how I get on with the data type change.
As for the Visual Totals thing, I've tried on Excel 2010 using the option you mention but this makes no difference (but then I wasn't using named sets, only the inline filtering on the members) so I'll keep playing with this.
Thanks again Mike.
Hi Mike just an update for you. Previously I had the following for each of my short and long descriptions:
Year: Year_id (number of the form 2012)
Period: Period_Id (number of the form 201201)
Day: Date_Id (number of the form 20120101)
Note all the source columns are defined as numbers.
I have now changed the mappings so that these attributes are varchars and are mapped as:
This builds great and I don't get my Oracle error when doing a multi-select in the report filter.
So I'm still none the wiser as to why I'm getting the error, but this gets me round it.