2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2012 1:50 PM by 953835 RSS

Error with baseline updates getting propagated to “EAC agent only” instance

instance#1 – Central server, …
      instance#2 – “EAC agent only” configuration.

I updated the AppConfig.xml on instance#1, so it knows about instance#2.

Running baseline_update.sh and every thing on instance#1 works fine. The problem is when that script tries to send the command to instance#2 it is using an absolute path which is wrong.

The specific line which breaks is this: DistributeIndexAndApply.run();

From the log on instance#2
      SEVERE: 09-11-2012 10:55:16.185 [Central Server: 10.141.221.205] TaskId(UTILITY,myproject,mkpath_local-xquery) has finished with status Failed - Failed to start TaskId(UTILITY,basenpoload,mkpath_local-xquery) because of error: com.endeca.esf.delegate.procctrl.ProcCtrlException: Working directory does not exist: /<instance#1-basedir>/apps/myproject
      This does exist, if you use the correct path.
      /<instance#2-basedir>/apps/myproject

So it looks like the command which is being sent has a hardcoded absolute path for things it is looking for. Maybe there are additional changes I need to make to AppConfig.xml, but nothing is jumping out at me. I haven’t seen any document which gives an example of the changes you do need to support having an “agent only” instance.

Edited by: EndecaJoe on Sep 12, 2012 9:11 AM

Edited by: EndecaJoe on Sep 12, 2012 9:13 AM
        • 1. Re: Error with baseline updates getting propagated to “EAC agent only” instance
          Snolan-Oracle
          For more information on your question please review the earlier thread - [How do I create an "EAC agent only" instance? |https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2437215&tstart=0]

Your specific error appears to refer to the working directory property. In your AppConfig.xml it is defined as +/<instance#1-basedir>/apps/myproject+ where +<instance#1-basedir>+ refers to a location which does not exist on instance#2.

There are two possible avenues to pursue: First align the directory names on both servers so that they you variable +<instance#1-basedir>+ is also valid on instance#2. Another possibility is to ensure that the correct path variable is set for instance#2 regardless of whether it is the same as instance#1.
          • 2. Re: Error with baseline updates getting propagated to “EAC agent only” instance
            You were "spot on" as to what the problem was. My work-around was to create a soft link on the Agent only instance
            /<instance#1-basedir> --> /<instance#2-basedir>
            But ... this should be configurable. AppConfig.xml should have a way of defining a working directory on the Agent only instance which is different.
            Any idea how I can open a feature request?