This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2012 6:14 AM by 934331 RSS

Audit Vault 10.3 Console - Internal Error on Pages/Tabs Accessing Port 1158

934331 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Audit Vaulters!

I wonder if any one has encountered this problem we are having right now.

We are using the default port 1158 for the AV console. It looks like it has stopped working properly. This port is accessed by the "Audit Policy" tab when you log in as auditor and also by all the tabs when you log in as administrator in the console. When you go to these tabs the first time, you will get "internal error" but when you "refresh" the page by entering the URL (https://<hostname>:1158/av) again on the same page, it works - the page is displayed.

There were no changes applied to the AV server or even to the collection agent. The only update done was patch 1 for AV 10.3.

I changed the port from the default 1158 to something else to make sure it's not a port issue. It did not work either.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you.
  • 1. Re: Audit Vault 10.3 Console - Internal Error on Pages/Tabs Accessing Port 1158
    934331 Newbie
    Additional info. There were no ORA- or any significant errors reported in the log files from both the AV server and collection agent.
  • 2. Re: Audit Vault 10.3 Console - Internal Error on Pages/Tabs Accessing Port 1158
    934331 Newbie
    For those who encounter this error in the future, please refer to the update below. I have fixed this problem.

The issue was that the "administrator" and "auditor" passwords will expire soon . It looks like the the console checks the expiry date of these accounts prior to loading the page. After resetting the passwords for these AV user accounts, we no longer get the "internal error" during the initial load of the page.

I have asked Oracle to update their documents on AV user account management and how it affects the AV components such as the console. I also asked them if they can improve the console. When the admin and auditor accounts are expiring, the console should just load the page without throwing the "internal error"? Or maybe display a page, warning that the account is expiring so the customers have a clue on what the problem is. Even the log files did not leave any informational messages regarding the expiring accounts so I guess logging the error will be helpful to the users of Audit Vault.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points