2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2012 5:50 PM by 630565

Regarding Supplier & Customer Forms in R12

Sanjay Desai EBS
      Hi all,

Currently we have oracle EBS 11i (11.5.10.2) and in process to migrate to R12 (12.1.3) .

We have come to know from the consultant that Customer as well as Supplier Master Forms are become web base in R12. Now my question is what is the purpose of making these forms as web-base ?

regards
      Sanjay
        • 1. Re: Regarding Supplier & Customer Forms in R12
          Pradeep Kumar Kalyanasundaram
          Now my question is what is the purpose of making these forms as web-base ?

--- Web based (self service) makes the page easier to load as they are light weight component compared to Oracle Forms.
          --- Oracle Forms always talks to DB, hence it will be slower where as the self service pages are not.
          --- Oracle Fusion is entirely based on ADF (web based pages), so Oracle has planned to completely avoid Form based applications hence slowly migrated few important forms in to Oracle OA pages.

Thanks
          Pradeep
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Regarding Supplier & Customer Forms in R12
            Hi Sanjay,

The main reason for the supplier form to be moved to web based is not just the UI change. Supplier data model is used to Trading Community Architecture (TCA) and this change, the forms are to be changed. Instead of developing the new UI in forms, OAF is used(web based) as R12 is trying to rely on OAF for most the pages.

Regards,
            Praveen
            1 person found this helpful