1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 10:10 AM by chillychin RSS

Debugger Error - ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character strin

chillychin
      This is driving me a bit nuts so please pardon me first of all

I am using OWB v 11.2.0.2 with Oracle 11g

I created a test mapping within OWB with a look up, a de-duplicator and finally into a target table

All Im trying to do is move one column from the source into the final target (for testing purposes)

Mapping validates with no issues, and I am able to run the mapping (right click and "Start") with the data moving as expected.

BUT

When I try to run the debugger "Debug" I hit an issue.

The debugger runs through ok and says "Successful debug initialization!"

I then go to "Resume" and get hit with an error

"maximum step error count exceedd OR fatal error encountered - no more steps are possible"

Looking at the error messages I am seeing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEBUG INPUT ROW: 94
      TABLE: "DBG$ID0_LKP_TEST_DM_CN_GR"
      COLUMN: "LKP_TEST_3_CURRENT_$1"
      STATEMENT: TRACE 436: TRACE 441: "LKP_TEST_3_CURRENT_$1"("DBG$ID0_LKP_TEST_DM_CN_GR_i") :=

"LKP_TEST_3_CURRENT_"("DBG$ID0_TEST_SSS_ADM__GRP0_i");
      ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
      DEBUG INPUT ROW: 95
      STATEMENT: TRACE 436: TRACE 441: "LKP_TEST_3_CURRENT_$1"("DBG$ID0_LKP_TEST_DM_CN_GR_i") :=

DEBUG INPUT ROW: 96

DEBUG INPUT ROW: 97

DEBUG INPUT ROW: 98

If i take the generated code and run it straight up in SQL Developer it runs no issues

This issue seems to only arise in the debugger

Does anyone else have issues with the debugger?

I have been reading up on the error "ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small" and understand this pops up when your target size for the column is bigger then the target for example but everything seems to line up.

I tried looking around and I see people have resolved this issue as well without posting HOW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated......

Thanks