1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 4:07 PM by user558643 RSS

autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx

user558643
      Hello Gurus:

I am in the process of Migrating and upgrading EBS 11i to EBS 12.1.3 on a x86-64 bit ULN server using Notes 1377213.1 (E-Business Suite Upgrades and Platform Migration), Export/import notes on Applications 11i Database 11g [Article ID 557738.1]
      I am now on note 881505.1 step 25 - Implement and run AutoConfig. AutoConfig has failed on both tiers with the same error:

Attempting upload of Context file and templates to database...ERROR: InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx() : Exception : Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.upload_context_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; Oracle error -6502: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file.
      oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFileException: Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.upload_context_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; Oracle error -6502: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file.
      at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx(InDbCtxFile.java:281)
      at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.CtxSynchronizer.uploadToDb(CtxSynchronizer.java:328)
      at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBCtx(FileSysDBCtxMerge.java:678)
      at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBFiles(FileSysDBCtxMerge.java:222)
      at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.processCtxFile(CtxValueMgt.java:1680)
      at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.main(CtxValueMgt.java:755)
      FAILED
      COMPLETED

Updating rdbms version in Context file to db112
      Updating rdbms type in Context file to 64 bits
      Configuring templates from ORACLE_HOME ...

AutoConfig completed with errors.

What am I missing?
      Thanks
      Mathias
        • 1. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please clean FND_NODES table as per (How to Clean Nonexistent Nodes or IP Addresses From FND_NODES [ID 260887.1]).

Also, please implement the solution in (Upload Of Context File To Database Fails [ID 313782.1]) then run AutoConfig.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
            user558643
            Hi Hussein,

1) On (How to Clean Nonexistent Nodes or IP Addresses From FND_NODES [ID 260887.1])
            select node_name "Node Name", node_mode "Mode", support_cp "C", support_web "W", support_admin "A", support_forms "F"
            from FND_NODES;
            Node Name M C W A F
            ------------------------------ - - - - -
            OFINDEV01 O N N N N

OFINDEV01 is the node on which ebs is intalled.
            I checked the patch (535311) had been installed - 28-Aug-2012
            So I took no further action out of this note.

2) (Upload Of Context File To Database Fails [ID 313782.1])
            I Followed the steps:
            sqlplus apps/apps
            create table APPLSYS.FND_OAM_CONTEXT_FILES_old as select * from APPLSYS.FND_OAM_CONTEXT_FILES;

drop table APPLSYS.FND_OAM_CONTEXT_FILES;
            # ODF Comparison Utility
            adodfcmp odffile=$FND_TOP/patch/115/odf/afoam.odf userid=APPLSYS/apps mode=baseonly priv_schema=system/sys touser=APPS/apps changedb=y logfile=afoam_base.log
                 ODF Comparison Utility is complete.
                 You should check the file
                 /data1/u02/applfind/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/sql/afoam_base.log

3) I ran adautocfg.sh and had the same errors:
            sh $INST_TOP/admin/scripts/adautocfg.sh

Attempting upload of Context file and templates to database...ERROR: InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx() : Exception : Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.upload_context_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; Oracle error -6502: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file.
            oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFileException: Error executng BEGIN fnd_gsm_util.upload_context_file(:1,:2,:3,:4,:5); END;: 1; Oracle error -6502: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error has been detected in FND_GSM_UTIL.upload_context_file.
            at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.InDbCtxFile.uploadCtx(InDbCtxFile.java:281)
            at oracle.apps.ad.autoconfig.oam.CtxSynchronizer.uploadToDb(CtxSynchronizer.java:328)
            at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBCtx(FileSysDBCtxMerge.java:678)
            at oracle.apps.ad.tools.configuration.FileSysDBCtxMerge.updateDBFiles(FileSysDBCtxMerge.java:222)
            at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.processCtxFile(CtxValueMgt.java:1680)
            at oracle.apps.ad.context.CtxValueMgt.main(CtxValueMgt.java:755)
            FAILED
            COMPLETED

Thanks
            Mathias
            • 3. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              Hi Mathias,
                   You should check the file
                   /data1/u02/applfind/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/patch/115/sql/afoam_base.log
              Any errors in this log file?

Do you have the latest AutoConfig patches applied?

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                user558643
                Hello Hussein,

Following (Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 387859.1]), and attempt to apply Patches 8919489, 7651166, 9583541 & 9583541 all failed with:

This patch cannot be applied to your current release.
                Patch's intended release is "12.0.0"
                Your current release is "11.5.10.2"

During my Export/Import processes of Note 557738.1 that pointed me to some parts of Note "881505.1 - Interoperability Notes" I didn't see where exactly the database was or supposed to be updated to 12.1.1 by some update patches or drives?

Do you know what scripts or patches during "Export/import notes on Applications 11i Database 11g [ID 557738.1]" that would do the update in the database to point to apps release 12.1.1 from 11.5.10.2?

Thanks.
                Mathias
                • 5. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Hi Mathias,

You are still on 11i so you need to apply the patches in (Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations with Oracle Applications 11i [ID 165195.1]).

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                    user558643
                    I had installed this patch:
                    select TO_CHAR(CREATION_DATE,'dd-Mon-yyyy, hh24:mm:ss') CREATION_DATE, BUG_NUMBER, APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME from ad_bugs where bug_number in (' 9535311');
                    --------------------------------------------
                    28-Aug-2012, 16:08:28 9535311

I installed this on the old server successfully and adautocfg.sh ran on the db & apps tiers without errors. I am now on the new server with 12.1.1 where I created a db and installed ran rapidwiz to lay down the applications - shouldn't I be applying

When is ebs supposed to be upgraded to 12.1.1. in the is export/import process?

Thanks
                    Mathias
                    • 7. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      I installed this on the old server successfully and adautocfg.sh ran on the db & apps tiers without errors. I am now on the new server with 12.1.1 where I created a db and installed ran rapidwiz to lay down the applications - shouldn't I be applying
                      Correct.
                      When is ebs supposed to be upgraded to 12.1.1. in the is export/import process?
                      It will never be upgraded in the import/export process.

You will have to run the upgrade driver manually.

Step 10. Run the American English upgrade patch driver (required)
                      http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e16342/T527285T527419.htm#5236325

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 8. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                        user558643
                        I have just tried installing u6678700.drv and had the following error:

AutoPatch error:
                        You must apply a Release 12 New Products Patch
                        before applying a Release 12 Maintenance Pack.

This is what I did:

cd $AU_TOP/patch/115/driver
                        ll
                        [applfind@ofindev01 driver]$ ll
                        total 94640
                        -rwxr-xr-x. 1 applfind dba 242 Oct 23 2007 augenmsg.drvx
                        -rwxr-xr-x. 1 applfind dba 755 Jan 3 2007 ausstats.drvx
                        -rwxr-xr-x. 1 applfind dba 774 Oct 23 2007 austatrp.drvx
                        -rw-r--r--. 1 applfind dba 82757742 Mar 31 2009 u6678700.drv
                        -rw-r--r--. 1 applfind dba 14137683 Mar 31 2009 u6746000.drv

adpatch options=nocopyportion,nogenerateportion workers=8

and gave the driver - u6678700.drv.

Do I need to do step 9 - AD Upgrade Driver for 12.1.1 (patch 7461070) before step 10?

Thanks
                        Mathias
                        • 9. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          user558643 wrote:
                          I have just tried installing u6678700.drv and had the following error:

AutoPatch error:
                          You must apply a Release 12 New Products Patch
                          before applying a Release 12 Maintenance Pack.
                          You need to enable maintenance mode via adadmin before running adpatch -- Maintenance Mode - A New Feature in 11.5.10 [ID 291901.1]
                          Do I need to do step 9 - AD Upgrade Driver for 12.1.1 (patch 7461070) before step 10?
                          Yes.

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          • 10. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                            user558643
                            Hello Hussein,

I am troubled by this whole process of Import/Import that I thought was the fastest way to do the ebs migration and upgrade that is taking so long and with so many errors as I execute u6678700.drv for hours over 24 hours. I have encountered
                            1) FAILED: file pechktsk.sql on worker 2.
                            Resolved by skipping the failed worker

2) FAILED: file MSDODPCODE.sql on worker 1
                            Resolved by
                            ALTER USER OLAPSYS IDENTIFIED BY "newpassword" ACCOUNT UNLOCK;

begin
                            dbms_aw.execute('aw create odpcode');
                            end;
                            /

3) FAILED: file PO_VENDORS_OBS_F1.xdf on worker 2
                            Resolved by:
                            drop index PO.PO_VENDORS_F1;

4) FAILED: file zpbremcwm.sql on worker 1.
                            Resolved by:
                            grant execute on OLAPSYS.CWM2_OLAP_METADATA_REFRESH to apps;
                            grant execute on OLAPSYS.CWM2_OLAP_CATALOG to apps;
                            grant execute on OLAPSYS.CWM2_OLAP_DIMENSION to apps;
                            grant execute on OLAPSYS.CWM2_OLAP_CUBE to apps;

Now I am at error #5
                            5) FAILED: file cskbctxp.sql on worker 1

A search sent me to
                            Error - ORA-54015 : biv_b_age_h_sum_mv.xdf Failes with Duplicate Column Expression was Specified [ID 1322144.1]
                            This calls me to install Patch 10163753 which errors out:
                            This patch is not compatible with your current codelines.
                            This patch is compatible with: entity 'biv' - codeline 'R12.BIV.A'.
                            Your current on-site codeline for the entity 'biv' is: 'R12.BIV.B'.

I have not seen much on the forum with this error, any suggestions?

Thanks
                            Mathias
                            • 11. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              Hi Mathias,
                              I am troubled by this whole process of Import/Import that I thought was the fastest way to do the ebs migration and upgrade that is taking so long and with so many errors as I execute u6678700.drv for hours over 24 hours. I have encountered
                              1) FAILED: file pechktsk.sql on worker 2.
                              Resolved by skipping the failed worker
                              You should not skip a worker unless you are instructed to do so by Oracle support.

Please see (Script Pechktsk.Sql fails with, ORA-00979: Not A Group By Expression when applying Patch 6678700 or Patch 3500000 [ID 1083981.1]).
                              Now I am at error #5
                              5) FAILED: file cskbctxp.sql on worker 1

A search sent me to
                              Error - ORA-54015 : biv_b_age_h_sum_mv.xdf Failes with Duplicate Column Expression was Specified [ID 1322144.1]
                              This calls me to install Patch 10163753 which errors out:
                              This patch is not compatible with your current codelines.
                              This patch is compatible with: entity 'biv' - codeline 'R12.BIV.A'.
                              Your current on-site codeline for the entity 'biv' is: 'R12.BIV.B'.

I have not seen much on the forum with this error, any suggestions?
                              You need to download the patch which can be applied on top of R12.BIV.B patchset. So, in the same link https://updates.oracle.com/ARULink/PatchDetails/process_form?patch_num=10163753 you need to change the Compatible With to (R12.BIV.B) and download/apply the patch again.

Thanks,
                              Hussein
                              • 12. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                                user558643
                                Thanks Hussein, all that info has moved me forward to the end of E16342-03 p3-5, 3:10. Run the American English upgrade patch driver (u6678700.drv -required) that took me over 48 hours.

I am skipping 3:11 now facing Step "3:12. Apply latest product patches (required)"
                                1) How do I determine he necessary patches that I need at this time or
                                2) Should I just move on to installing EBS 12.1.3 before patching or
                                3) Can I start the apps at this point let users begin testing so that I can get a night of sleep before continuing?

Any suggestions to ease the work would be helpful. It has been exhausting trying to achieve this in two weeks?

Thank you expertise and time
                                Mathias
                                • 13. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                  I am skipping 3:11 now facing Step "3:12. Apply latest product patches (required)"
                                  1) How do I determine he necessary patches that I need at this time or
                                  You can skip it for now.
                                  2) Should I just move on to installing EBS 12.1.3 before patching or
                                  Upgrade to 12.1.3 then apply the latest recommended patches.

R12.1: Oracle Financials Pre-Upgrade Patch - Supplemental List for EBS CUP [ID 1127593.1]
                                  How to Find E-Business Suite Recommended Patches [ID 1400757.1]
                                  Oracle Applications Current Patchset Comparison Utility - patchsets.sh [ID 139684.1]

MOS > Patches & Updates > Recommended 11i Patches / Latest 11i Packs

Identifying Recommended Patches for E-Business Suite Environments
                                  https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/recommended_patches_for_oracle_e
                                  3) Can I start the apps at this point let users begin testing so that I can get a night of sleep before continuing?
                                  Yes, if the upgrade to 12.1.1 is complete.
                                  Any suggestions to ease the work would be helpful. It has been exhausting trying to achieve this in two weeks?
                                  https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/tags/upgrades

Thanks,
                                  Hussein
                                  • 14. Re: autoconfig Fails on DB and apps tiers ERROR InDbCtxFile uploadCtx
                                    user558643
                                    Hello,

I executed adautocfg.sh on the apps tier successfully and created the appsutil.zip and implemented on the db tier.
                                    I then executed $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/scripts/OFD1_ofindev01/adautocfg.sh and
                                    AutoConfig completed with errors on the db tier:

[AutoConfig Error Report]
                                    The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each
                                    phase of its execution. Errors are grouped by directory and phase.
                                    The report format is:
                                    <filename> <phase> <return code where appropriate>

[PROFILE PHASE]
                                    AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
                                    Directory: /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/appsutil/install/OFD1_ofindev01
                                    afdbprf.sh INSTE8_PRF 1

[APPLY PHASE]
                                    AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:
                                    Directory: /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/appsutil/install/OFD1_ofindev01
                                    adcrobj.sh INSTE8_APPLY 1

I attempted applying patch 7651166 and had this errors:

Current target release is 12.0.0
                                    AutoPatch error:
                                    A codeline or codelevel introducing patch cannot be applied in pre-install mode.

Am I using the wrong patch? How can I resolve this problem.
                                    1 2 3 Previous Next