4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2004 12:19 PM by 430562 RSS

Oracle 9i 2.01 Management Server on Windows XP Professional

I installed Oracle 9i.2.01 Enerprise Version on my Windows XP (2.7 GHz, 512 MBytes RAM, 80 GBytes HDD).

I try to install the Oracle Management Server. It goes trough successfully in both Typical and Custom versions.

When I try to start the Management Service from the Services dialog I am receiving the following message

" The OracleHome92ManagementServer Service on Local Computer started then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alert Service."

Whatever I am truing to do I can't manage the service running. I already removed the default Java for Win XP cleaned out the Registry as recommended nothing works.

What should I do to make it work ?
        • 1. Re: Oracle 9i 2.01 Management Server on Windows XP Professional
          Good luck. I can't seem to get it to work either. I was hoping this forum would help. No answers yet
          • 2. Re: Oracle 9i 2.01 Management Server on Windows XP Professional
            I did not understand very well your thread.

Are you getting problems when you are creating the repository ? or when you want to access it ?

Joel Pérez
            http://otn.oracle.com/experts
            • 3. help for Enterprise Manage setup error
              Hi, All
              I try to installed Oracle 10g Personal Version on my Windows XP (3.0 GHz, 512 MBytes RAM, 4 GBytes HDD). I got the error:

Enterprise Manage Configuration failed due to the following error: "Error updateing the necessary configuration files. You can retry configuring this database with Enterprise manage later by manully running c:\utility\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\emca srcipt."

I did run c:\oracle\product\10.1.0\Db_1\bin\emca from doc window and I get following message:

C:\utility\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_1\BIN>emca

STARTED EMCA at Tue Aug 24 11:31:17 CDT 2004
              Enter the following information about the database to be configured
              Listener port number: 1521
              Database SID: pqi2
              Service name: pqi2
              Email address for notification: houking704@yahoo.com
              Email gateway for notification: mailhost
              Password for dbsnmp: *********
              Password for sysman: *********
              Password for sys: *********
              Password for sys: *********
              ---------------------------------------------------------

You have specified the following settings

Database ORACLE_HOME ................ C:\utility\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_1
              Enterprise Manager ORACLE_HOME ................ C:\utility\oracle\product\10.1.0
              \db_1

Database host name ................ 10.20.52.89
              Listener port number ................ 1521
              Database SID ................ pqi2
              Service name ................ pqi2
              Email address for notification ............... houking704@yahoo.com
              Email gateway for notification ............... mailhost

---------------------------------------------------------
              Do you wish to continue? [yes/no]: yes
              Aug 24, 2004 11:33:40 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig checkConfiguration
              SEVERE: Repository already exists. Fix the error(s) and run EM Configuration As
              sistant again in standalone mode.
              Could not complete the configuration. Refer to the log file for details

------------------------------------------------------

What should I do to make Eterprise Manage work ?

Thanks

Houking

• 4. Re: Oracle 9i 2.01 Management Server on Windows XP Professional
                Start emca with the option "-r". (-r = skip creation of repository schema)