3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2012 9:16 AM by 938644 RSS

How to to programmatically create diagnostic profile ?

I'm trying to create a diaganostic profile programmatically .
      I didn't see any example like this. My purpose is to create a profile like in the ' Visualizer ' tool.
      I'm trying to use these lines:

Application a=new ApplicationImpl(myApp);
      DiagnosticProfileManagerImpl diagnosticProfileManagerImpl=new DiagnosticProfileManagerImpl(a);

probeNames=new ObjectName;
      diagnosticProfileManagerImpl.createDiagnosticProfile(profileName, probeNames);

I got a NullPointerException .
      Any ideas? examples ?
        • 1. Re: How to to programmatically create diagnostic profile ?
          I'm pasting few lines in which you can fetch the diagnosticManager and then do the appropriate Mbean calls for creating Diagnostic profiles via java code.

import com.bea.wlevs.management.diagnostic.DiagnosticProfileMBean;
          import com.bea.wlevs.management.diagnostic.DiagnosticProfileManagerMBean;
          import javax.management.MBeanServerConnection;
          import javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler;
          import java.lang.management.ManagementFactory;
          import javax.management.ObjectName;
          import javax.management.ObjectInstance;
          import org.w3c.dom.Node;

MBeanServerConnection conn=ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();
          private static DiagnosticProfileManagerMBean diagNosticManager=null;
          private static Node updateprofileNode=null;
                    ObjectName diagProfileObjectName;
                    try {
                         diagProfileObjectName = ObjectName.getInstance("com.bea.wlevs:Name=ProfileManager,Type=ProfileManager,Application=diagnostic");
                    } catch (Exception e) {
                         throw new RuntimeException(e);
                    diagNosticManager=(DiagnosticProfileManagerMBean) MBeanServerInvocationHandler.newProxyInstance(conn, diagProfileObjectName, DiagnosticProfileManagerMBean.class, false);
          Now we can use diagNosticManager.createDiagnosticProfile(String profileName, ObjectName[] probeNames) method to create the diagnostic profile.

• 2. Re: How to to programmatically create diagnostic profile ?
            I tried this. now I'm getting :

javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: com.bea.wlevs:Name=ProfileManager,Type=ProfileManager,Application=diagnostic
                 at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1094)

What did I do wrong?
            • 3. Re: How to to programmatically create diagnostic profile ?
              Hi again ..

I think I know where is the problem but I don't know how to solve it:
              i use these lines to make a connection :

env.put(JMXConnectorFactory.PROTOCOL_PROVIDER_PACKAGES,     "com.bea.core.jmx.remote.provider");
                                       System.setProperty("mx4j.remote.resolver.pkgs", "com.bea.core.jmx.remote.resolver");
                                       connector = JMXConnectorFactory.newJMXConnector(serviceUrl, env);
                                       connection = connector.getMBeanServerConnection();
              and you suggested to use this :

I think there is inconsistency in the typs of the connection mbean.
              Neither of of them works fine:

The first one works fine for getting troughput , averageLatency and so on ,
              BUT, when i try to terminate ( unregister from the mbean server ),
              and than re-connect again, the numbers i'm getting are wrong.

In the second type (ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer() ) , when I want to use as a profile creator ( like in the 'Visualizer' tool - which works fine )
              I don't know which of the types to use.

What is your recommendation to to use : for temintinag the probeRuntime, and for making a profile .

again, neither of them works all the way!
              Plz help.