10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 8:12 AM by Pradeep Kumar Kalyanasundaram

Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement

Hi,
      We have implemented R12 iProcurement and the category is defined as a 3 segment value.

We have 2 departments where one department needs the 'A.B.C' category but the other department does not want it to reflect. I have tried to restrict through a security rule but it does not seem to work.

Please suggest how can we achieve this.

Regards,
      Ankur Sharma
        • 1. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
          PranitSaha
          Hi Ankur,

You have to use content zone security by implementing smart forms which will be tied to differerent responsibilities created for different departments.

See the commodity and smart form setups in the below links.

http://www.oraappsguide.com/iprocurement-commodity/
          http://www.oraappsguide.com/iprocurement-smart-forms/

Thanks,

PS.
          • 2. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
            Hi,
            Thanks for the Prompt reply.

I have tried that as well but it appears that it will only restrict the items which are inside that category.

My trouble is that when the users are creating Non Catalog items, they are able to choose the restricted category as well.

We have created a Local Content Zone and I have added the category to 'Exclude items from specific categories' but it restricts only the items in it but is not restricting the category.

Regards,
            Ankur Sharma
            • 3. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
              Pradeep Kumar Kalyanasundaram
              Ankur,

To restrict Item Category to a non- Catalog store,

Group Item categories under a commodity and Assign the commodity(Under Purchasing Super User ) to a Non-Catalog store.

By this way, you can restrict at the category level.

Thanks
              Pradeep
              • 4. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
                Hi Pradeep,
                I am unable to assign the commodity to the Non Catelog Store. Please provide the navigation.

Regards,
                Ankur Sharma
                • 5. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
                  Check the template being assigned to the Non-catalog store....

Go to Edit Template --> under the default item information page, there will be a category field, select the desired category , Once you selected the category the commodity will be defaulted and the check the option
                  'Restrict categories to above commodity'.

When you perform the above, your item categories for that store will be restricted to that commodity.

Thanks
                  Pradeep
                  • 6. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
                    Hi Pradeep,
                    The Smart Form: 'New' is assigned to Store: 'Non-Catalog Request (Subtab)'
                    No Template has been assigned to the Smart Form and there is no option to assign as well.

I have checked for the other smart forms and it is working fine but only for Smart Form: 'New' assigned to Store: 'Non-Catalog Request (Subtab)', I am not able to update. Is there any way that I can update it? If I am able to do it then my issue would be resolved.

Regards,
                    Ankur Sharma
                    • 7. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
                      PranitSaha
                      Hi Ankur,

In addition to Pradeep's comments, i thought of sharing the steps done at my end.

1. Created 2 commodity codes C1 and C2 with different set of categories.
                      2. Created 2 smart forms SF1 and SF2 and entered one of the categories from the list of categories attached to C1 and C2 commodity codes respectively.
                      3. Checked the "Restrict categories to above commodity" checkbox, so that it restricts to the categories mentioned in the respective commodity codes.
                      4. Created 2 content zones CZ1 and CZ2 assigned to R1 and R2 responsibility respectively.
                      5. Created 2 stores S1 and S2. S1 attached to CZ1 content zone and SF1 smart form and S2 attached to CZ2 content zone and SF2 smart form.
                      6. Assigned R1, R2 responsibilty to U1 and U2 users respectively.

Make sure to remove the "Main Store" access to these users to enable the restrictions.

The restriction works fine in the non-catalog request for respective users.

Thanks,

PS.

Edited by: PS on Sep 26, 2012 10:36 AM
                      • 8. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
                        Ankur,

Looks like you are on R12, better you mention your apps version while posting your queries... this will avoid delay for your resolution..

Please follow the below steps...

1. Edit the Smart form 'New'
                        2. In the Edit screen, under Default Item Information

there will be a category field, select the desired category , Once you selected the category the commodity will be defaulted and the check the option
                        'Restrict categories to above commodity'.

When you perform the above, your item categories for thatNon-Catalog Request (Subtab) will be restricted to that commodity.

Please let me know if the above resolves your issue.

Thanks
                        Pradeep
                        • 9. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
                          Hi Pradeep,
                          Thanks for the response.
                          I am trying to edit the category field but the whole 'Item Information' section is not updatable.

Regards,
                          Ankur Sharma
                          • 10. Re: Unable to restrict Category in iProcurement
                            I think I understand your issue.

Please do the following...

1. Create a new Non-Catalog Store and assign the smart form to it by having commodity restriction in the smart form set up.

2. Hide the Seeded Non-Catalog Store (through menu exclustion)

I believe that you would not be able to make changes to the seeded Non-catalog store smart forms.

Thanks
                            Pradeep