5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 4:16 PM by HrishikeshJ

Difference between Receipts form and Receiving Transactions form

Hi People,

I have a doubt about two dorms. Firts I have created an Inter-Oranization Transfer generating the Shimpment num 1111.
      Then using Inventory Responsibility, I navigate to Transactions -> Receiving -> Receipts and find it withou any issue.
      But when I navigate to Transactions -> Receiving -> Receiving Transactiond, I am not able to find it. Why?
      Which is the difference between thos forms? Why I can see the transaction in one form but not in another?

Thanks,
      Facundo.
        • 1. Re: Difference between Receipts form and Receiving Transactions form
          HrishikeshJ
          hi
          receiving can be configured to be a two-step process: first receive it in receving bay (using receipts form) and then deliverying to some storage area within warehouse (using receiving transaction form).

on shipping network form, we can specify if we want to do receiving as 1-step (direct routing) or as 2-step (standard routing) or 3-step (inspection routing).

in your case, there r two options:
          1. its a direct routing, so receiving transaction has already taken place...see receiving transaction summary form..

2. receiving txn has gone to error status or is pending for processing. use receiving transaction status form to review if it is in pending/ error status.

in case of pending...launch receiving transaction processor conc program....

please check and set profile RCV: processing mode appropriately.

thanks,
          hrishi
          • 2. Re: Difference between Receipts form and Receiving Transactions form
            Hi,

I tried to find it into Receiving Transantion Status Summary and into Receiving Transaction Summary but it did not appear.
            I checked the RCV: Process Mode and it`s On-Line.

Thanks,
            Facundo.
            • 3. Re: Difference between Receipts form and Receiving Transactions form
              HrishikeshJ
              Hi,

When you navigate to Transactions -> Receiving -> Receipts and find the shipment number , are you saving the transaction ?
              Receive Transaction is always the mandatory step.
              Once you complete the receipt transaction then only you can find the shipment in Receiving Transactions form (provided you are using Standard/Inspection routing)

Thanks,
              Hrishi
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Difference between Receipts form and Receiving Transactions form
                Hi Hrishi ,

You mean that first I hace to go to Transactions -> Receiving -> Receipts, find the receipt and save it, and then I will be able to find it into Receiving Transactions form?
                Apart from that, which is the difference between both forms? What can I see in each one?

Thanks,
                Facundo.
                • 5. Re: Difference between Receipts form and Receiving Transactions form
                  HrishikeshJ
                  Hi,

Absolutely!!! Both the forms work in "Query, Edit and Save" mode.
                  Typically, Receipts form capture high level details like Location, Waybill Airbill number, generates Receipt Number (GRN).
                  Receiving Transaction form, on the other hand, takes Receipt Number (GRN) as input, and enter inventory specific details like subinventory, lot number, etc.

Please mark the answers as correct/helpful, if you find so.

Thanks,
                  Hrishikesh