This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 8:05 AM by Subramanian Meyyappan RSS

How to develope DataModel and View Layer simultaniously in ADF

knidhi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi
I am new to the ADF, I have doubt like, there are two team going to work on ADF project, one team(team1) will work on Data Model project another team(team2) will work on View Layer.

Doubts:

1. Can these team start their work simultaneously?.
2. If it so, Since team2 activity fully depends on data model, how this is going to work?
3. Assume team2 uses the Placeholder data control to create their dummy data control and continue their work. After team1 completes the real Data Model how they can integrate with View Layer.

thanks
nidhi

Edited by: knidhi on Sep 20, 2012 2:33 PM
  • 1. Re: How to develope DataModel and View Layer simultaniously in ADF
    Sudipto Desmukh Expert
    Nidhi ,
    I know this is too late a reply but still for sake of someone else's reference.

Yes this can be done ...
    I would suggest the View Layer guys to concentrate on the design (like Number of TaskFlows , scopes of Beans , layouts) before using placeholer dataControl
    They can develop templates , css and custom skins , menu models as need be which hardly need data controls
    Navigation can be created so that time can be saved later on this e.g. trains
  • 2. Re: How to develope DataModel and View Layer simultaniously in ADF
    Subramanian Meyyappan Expert
    I am new to the ADF, I have doubt like, there are two team going to work on ADF project, one team(team1) will >work on Data Model project another team(team2) will work on View Layer.
    ok fine.nice to hear this but here, somewhat differ from you.
    1. Can these team start their work simultaneously?.
    yes you can. before that,one single project(in server machine) should be configured with cvs or svn,
    for purpose to get changes/updation from one to another start their work

there is oracle document for cvs part1 - part2 (step by step).
    sorry i lost oracle cvs document. please google it out.
    svn:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/adf/part1-090228.html
    http://community.paperthin.com/adf-docs/index.php/Configure_SVN_for_your_ADF_Application

cvs:
    http://brendenanstey.blogspot.in/2006/11/tips-for-using-cvs-with-jdeveloper.html

2. If it so, Since team2 activity fully depends on data model, how this is going to work?
    this task will not pretty easily sometimes. so please be careful

let i taken an example(basis on their requirement).
    if 'x' person create eo and vo and complete the AM means
    then he/she should commit the changes. then 'y'user get the updates.
    'y' user receive all of the updates to start the design work.

but end of the work or a day the 'y' user commit the changes what he had done.
    if he('y') done means 'x' can get all design pages.

so finally all of the people in your team get your project (locally can able run your project).
    these process should be in continous . if any one lost from process or anything did means, there some other way to get back to project.

before you people get into project with team mate. you should go with trail process until your team mates learn. or else leads painful(from my experince).
    3. Assume team2 uses the Placeholder data control to create their dummy data control and continue their work. >After team1 completes the real Data Model how they can integrate with View Layer.
    from my experience, am saying it may not good/right approach.
    better some other experts will comment out it about this point.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points