This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
What are requirements for a replication?
- max latency time
- volume of changes (bytes/time)
- one direction / by-direction / multi-direction
- some specific/exotic data types
- is any transformation of values required
- is any filtering of rows based on column values or other criteria like user or time required
Edited by: user11181920 on Sep 24, 2012 2:28 PM
Replication of what? Synchronous or asynchronous?
Real time or with a latency?
What volume of data per unit of time?
What requirements around switchover and/or failover?
What requirement with respect to failure detection?
What requirement in terms of reconciling differences between the two?
We are missing a lot of critical information.