I'm looking for the best/recommended solution to setup replication between Linux on z (s390x) which is a big-endian platform and Linux x86 which is small-endian. I know Dataguard would not work but what would you suggest instead?
Source DB: 10.2.0.4 on Linux x86_64
Destination DB: 10.2.0.4 on Linux s390x
What are requirements for a replication?
- max latency time
- volume of changes (bytes/time)
- one direction / by-direction / multi-direction
- some specific/exotic data types
- is any transformation of values required
- is any filtering of rows based on column values or other criteria like user or time required
Replication of what? Synchronous or asynchronous?
Real time or with a latency?
What volume of data per unit of time?
What requirements around switchover and/or failover?
What requirement with respect to failure detection?
What requirement in terms of reconciling differences between the two?