This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 8:14 AM by svms RSS

How connect in SQL Developer to APEX listener 2.0 EA in Weblogic?

685473 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Does anyone know how to connect in SQL Developer to APEX listener 2.0 EA deployed in Weblogic?

On a linux server I have deployed the APEX listener 2.0 EA in Weblogic 10.3.4 according to the installation guide of the listener.
APEX is running and can be started using http://localhost:7001/apex in a browser.

Now I want to administrate the APEX listener using SQL developer 3.2.0.9 from my client.
I have created a listener in SQL Developer
Setup the connection information as followed:
Connection Name: XXX
Username: adminlistener
HTTP
Hostname: IPadress of the application server
Port: 7001
Server path: /apex

and then try to connect =>
It raises an error:
Cannot connect to XXX {1}
oracle.dbtools.raptor.cloud.auth.AuthenticationFailedException

According to the installation guide I have:
1. Added the <enforce-valid-basic-auth-credentials> element to config.xml of weblogic (../fmw11g1/user_projects/domains/frs_d1/config).
2. Configured an administration user using: java -jar apex.war user adminlistener "Listener Administrator"
3. Added the <entry key="security.verifySSL"> element to the default.xml (/tmp/APEX/apex)
It doesn't seem to help

Creating a user and role in Weblogic and link it to the APEX deployment like required for the APEX listener 1.1 also doesn't help.

Regards,

Mathieu
  • 1. Re: How connect in SQL Developer to APEX listener 2.0 EA in Weblogic?
    timfox-Enkitec Newbie
    Meeuwtje

I think you need to set up a user for the RESTful web services in the Apex Listener along with the Listener Administrator if you want to manage it from SQL*Developer. Try adding both accounts when setting up the Listener in SQL*Developer and uploading it to the server or set them up using the java -jar apex.war commands and then attempt the SQL*Developer connection.

TGF
  • 2. Re: How connect in SQL Developer to APEX listener 2.0 EA in Weblogic?
    685473 Newbie
    Thanks Tim, for your reply.

I have tried your suggestion to upload a listener through SQL developer
    First I have set up the database settings and tested the database connection.
    Beware the APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER and the APEX_LISTENER user have to be created manually in the database.
    Sadly enough I didn't find an option to create them while setting up the database settings.

Now I am ready to upload the listener, but the option at the highest level is not active.
    Somehow it looks like you have to connect first to an existing listener before you can upload new listener settings.
    And this connecting part is not working for me.

The way I would expect it to work is as follows:
    1. Deploy the apex.war in Weblogic
    2. Define an administrator user in Weblogic for the listener. For example: adminlistener
    3. Add an Admin role to the apex listener deployment with the adminlistener as a role condition
    4. Connect in SQL developer as the adminlistener to the apex listener
    5. Upload the listener settings to the application server.

The installation guide states that I first have to execute "java -jar apex.war" to create a settings folder.
    This sounds unlogical, but doesn't help either.

Mathieu
  • 3. Re: How connect in SQL Developer to APEX listener 2.0 EA in Weblogic?
    685473 Newbie
    Today I have installed the new release of the APEX listener 2.0.0.268.17.04 and SQL Developer 3.2.1
    Now I am able to connect through SQL developer to the APEX listener.
    It works using the standalone version as well as using Weblogic 10.3.4.0
  • 4. Re: How connect in SQL Developer to APEX listener 2.0 EA in Weblogic?
    syant Newbie
    would you mind elaborate how did you do that?
  • 5. Re: How connect in SQL Developer to APEX listener 2.0 EA in Weblogic?
    svms Newbie
    Apex 4.1.1 / Listener 2.0.1 / Sql Developer 3.2.20.09 / WebLogic 10.3.5.0 / http/1.1 503 Service unavailable error

In my case I configured apex listener to use the same password for RESTful services as used for APEX_PUBLIC_USER (java -jar apex.war).
    It seems that it was a problem because Apex 4.1.1 doesn't have RESTful services. I deleted configuration folder and reinstalled apex listener with option 3 instead (skip this step). It solved my issue.
    I didn't do any special configurations in weblogic administration console.

Regards,
    Igor

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points