This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
I think you need to set up a user for the RESTful web services in the Apex Listener along with the Listener Administrator if you want to manage it from SQL*Developer. Try adding both accounts when setting up the Listener in SQL*Developer and uploading it to the server or set them up using the java -jar apex.war commands and then attempt the SQL*Developer connection.
Thanks Tim, for your reply.
I have tried your suggestion to upload a listener through SQL developer
First I have set up the database settings and tested the database connection.
Beware the APEX_REST_PUBLIC_USER and the APEX_LISTENER user have to be created manually in the database.
Sadly enough I didn't find an option to create them while setting up the database settings.
Now I am ready to upload the listener, but the option at the highest level is not active.
Somehow it looks like you have to connect first to an existing listener before you can upload new listener settings.
And this connecting part is not working for me.
The way I would expect it to work is as follows:
1. Deploy the apex.war in Weblogic
2. Define an administrator user in Weblogic for the listener. For example: adminlistener
3. Add an Admin role to the apex listener deployment with the adminlistener as a role condition
4. Connect in SQL developer as the adminlistener to the apex listener
5. Upload the listener settings to the application server.
The installation guide states that I first have to execute "java -jar apex.war" to create a settings folder.
This sounds unlogical, but doesn't help either.
Apex 4.1.1 / Listener 2.0.1 / Sql Developer 3.2.20.09 / WebLogic 10.3.5.0 / http/1.1 503 Service unavailable error
In my case I configured apex listener to use the same password for RESTful services as used for APEX_PUBLIC_USER (java -jar apex.war).
It seems that it was a problem because Apex 4.1.1 doesn't have RESTful services. I deleted configuration folder and reinstalled apex listener with option 3 instead (skip this step). It solved my issue.
I didn't do any special configurations in weblogic administration console.