This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 20, 2012 2:06 PM by Christian.Shay - Oracle RSS

VS2010 Database Project Hijacks Files under Source Control by Clearcase

963173 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm running VS2010 (SP1) & ODT with ODAC (1120320) on Win XP SP3 (I know I know, it's an SOE Machine) using Clearcase 7 (Remote & Full Client) for our Source Control).

Whenever I open a Solution containing an Oracle Database Project, all of the files (*.sql or *.cs or in fact *.*) that are in that project get Hijacked (File Access Permissions Changed) (see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cchelp/v7r0m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.clearcase.doc/topics/t_ccview_hijack.htm).

Why does the Project need to do this, as the VS-Clearcase integration works normally & I can Check files in and out as necessary as I go.

The Hijacking means that every time I open the solution I need to go through each folder in the project individually and undo the Hijack before I can start working, and also go back and delete the *.keep files that clearcase creates when the Hijack is undone.

Why on earth would the Database Project have any need to touch the file access permissions. This is becoming a terribly frustrating process.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points