10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 1:06 AM by Nitin Khare RSS

SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming

dun123
      Hi,

I want to see SQL-JMS Administration Interface, but it is not accessible if i am trying http://localhost:8080/sqlJmsAdmin
      Any suggestion what needs to be done.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
          Nitin Khare
          You first need to check if SQLJMSAdmin module was included while assembling your EAR.
          • 2. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
            dun123
            Hi Nitin,

SQLJMSAdmin module is included in atg-required property of manifest.mf file of my commerce module.
            Still it is not accessible from url.

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
              dun123
              Hi Nitin,

SQLJMSAdmin module is added in atg-required property of manifest.mf file of my commerce module.
              Still it is not accessible from url.

Thanks.
              • 4. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
                Nitin Khare
                Do you see any errors in the server startup? You can check if the enabled property in /atg/dynamo/messaging/SqlJmsProvider is set to true. Also if SQLJMSAdmin module is added under ATG-Required in your manifest file then your EAR should be having webModule.war for sqlJmsAdmin web-app.
                • 5. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
                  dun123
                  Hi Nitin,

There are no error regarding sqlJmsAdmin in logs.
                  When i am accessing http://localhost:8080/sqlJmsAdmin only blank tables are displayed.
                  Showing below messages on this page.
                  There are currently no SQL-JMS Clients
                  There are currently no SQL-JMS Queues
                  There are currently no SQL-JMS Topics

Please let me know if I am missing out anything.

Thanks.
                  • 6. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
                    Nitin Khare
                    Have you defined the JMS destination queue and topic? SQL-JMS Admin would look for the lists of queue and topic names defined in requiredQueueNames and requiredTopicNames properties of /atg/dynamo/messaging/SqlJmsProvider component. So make sure you have defined JMS destinations using the requiredQueueNames and requiredTopicNames properties of the /atg/dynamo/messaging/SqlJmsProvider component within your application's config layer. You would also need to add the newly defined destination entries in dynamoMessagingSystem.xml.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35318_02/Platform.10-1-1/ATGPlatformProgGuide/html/s1205creatingandaccessingsqljmsdestin01.html

You may also need to refer to ATG JMS messaging implementaion - Patch Bay configuration documentation to understand it better. Once you do all this you can do a JNDI lookup for the newly defined destinations in your application code and use them. Then you will also be able to see their data in SQL-JMS Admin.
                    • 7. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
                      dun123
                      Hi Nitin,

I have defined requiredQueueName and requiredTopicsName property and functionality too working fine.
                      But if I want to see it through sqlJmsAdmin interface it is not visible there.

I have verified all topics,queues through DB and source and sinks are also present, verified in DynamoSqlJmsProvider.

But queues, topics and clients are not visible in sqlJmsInterface.
                      Do i need to change some settings in SqlJmsAdmin module?

Thanks.
                      • 8. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
                        Nitin Khare
                        SQL JMS admin interface internally uses various session and entity EJBs to fetch all the client, topic and queue data from the database. You can find all these in <ATG>\SQLJMSAdmin\j2ee-apps\sqlJmsAdmin\ejbModule. DMSEntityBean is the base entity bean which provides JDBC connection datasource through JNDI lookup of java:comp/env/jdbc/datasource.

Now this JNDI resource is declared in the app-server specific manner e.g. for JBoss it would be in <ATG>\SQLJMSAdmin\j2ee-apps\sqlJmsAdmin\ejbModule\META-INF\jboss.xml. The default JNDI name mentioned in it could be like java:/ATGMysqlDS which should be changed to match your actual ATG datasource name. You may directly change it the exploded directory of your EAR but also ensure that your change is gone into sqlJmsAdmin.ear present in the location <ATG>\SQLJMSAdmin\j2ee-apps when you reassemble and redeploy.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Nitin Khare on Sep 27, 2012 2:31 AM
                        • 9. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
                          dun123
                          Hi Nitin,

It worked for me. Its a great help.

Thanks.
                          • 10. Re: SQL-JMS Administration Interface not coming
                            Nitin Khare
                            Great it is working for you. Please mark the correct answer as well so that anyone looking for same solution can identify. Thanks.