This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2012 7:09 AM by 946717 RSS

HP array p2000 on Oracle Linux?

946717 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
The configuraion is directly attaching the array to the server through SAS ports. Does anybody here have the experience on it? How does the server recoginize the storage? where and what driver i need to install?

Thanks a lot.
  • 1. Re: HP array p2000 on Oracle Linux?
    Dude! Guru
    Chances are that you do not need to install any kernel drivers, depending on which version you are planning to install. I suggest to check the product support pages at the HP site for information about supported OS's and installation media. In the worse case you may have to switch to the supplied RHEL kernel and install software provided by HP.
  • 2. Re: HP array p2000 on Oracle Linux?
    963778 Newbie
    I have same problem. I go to HP support but no see it. Any other way please?
    http://www.hp.com/cposupport/eschome.html
  • 3. Re: HP array p2000 on Oracle Linux?
    Dude! Guru
    Please note that it is considered bad practice to hijack an existing thread and to take over the content for solving your own problems.

Goto http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp

Type "P2000" in the search field.

Click on "HP P2000 G3 MSA.." and you will find a link to download the driver iso and installation instructions.

If you use a recent Oracle Linux release you will most likley not need to install any kernel driver since the interface should be standard. If you can see the devices during system startup, can list them with "blkid" or see them using "fdisk -l", then all you need to do is to configure Mutlipath. You should however verify the machine, adapter and storage use the latest BIOS firmware.
  • 4. Re: HP array p2000 on Oracle Linux?
    946717 Newbie
    Thank you, Duke!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points