This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 10:05 AM by 741040 RSS

WebCenter Portal and the Google Map Library

911689 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi !. My name is Agustin and I live in Cordoba; I would like to know what it can be done to solve the following problem: I am using Oracle JDeveloper 11.1.1.6 and WebCenter Portal and, when I include an ADF JAR Library which has the google map library inside, it throws problems but when I reload the page it's all ok... I don't know much about it as they asked to investigate this issue... Thankx
  • 1. Re: WebCenter Portal and the Google Map Library
    Bijesh Krishnadas Journeyer
    Hi,

It would be helpful if you described the problem a bit better.

1) What exactly do you mean by Google Maps library? Is this a taskflow that uses Google Maps via the JavaScript API?

2) What problems? Do you see an error? Does it occur in all pages of the Portal? What happens when you refresh?
  • 2. Re: WebCenter Portal and the Google Map Library
    911689 Newbie
    I made a jpsx page and I added to my page hierarchy; I added the following af:resource:

<af:resource type="javascript"
    source="https://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false"/>

and I run my webcenter project. When I was about to open my jspx page, I opened firebug and clicked on the "Net" (or Red) tab... And when it was loading... There was one item called: "GET OPTIONS js?sensor=false" which said in it's state "405 Method Not Allowed" and in it's domain "maps.google.com". Besides, an alert came up with the following:

Fallo de conexión al servidor. (source=https://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false)

The weird thing is that... When I refresh the page and I see the Net tab, I see that the item "GET OPTIONS js?sensor=false" has in it state column "200 OK"... Hope this is enough information !... Cheers
  • 3. Re: WebCenter Portal and the Google Map Library
    Bijesh Krishnadas Journeyer
    I have had trouble with getting JS to load with PPR navigation before. See http://tech.bijesh.info/2012/01/bug-afresource-and-page-fragments/
  • 4. Re: WebCenter Portal and the Google Map Library
    911689 Newbie
    Bijesh Krishnadas Thankx for answering !. This is something that my technical leader sent me to investigate, but he said it didn't worked... weird !... anyway thankx again for your time ! :D
  • 5. Re: WebCenter Portal and the Google Map Library
    741040 Newbie
    Hi I have the same problem

I have javascript resource (google maps api) inside page fragment. This fragments is embedded as a region in another page. When I navigate to this page, I get "405 Method Not Allowed". If I refresh (F5) this page, the resource is loaded.

I tried with trh:Script instead of af:resource but I did not get result.

Pls any advice?

Edited by: Fredy Sis on 12/11/2012 10:04

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points