4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2012 6:18 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Need Help to Download Oracle E Business Suite

Hi All,

first i thanks to the great IT legend The Oracle and it's all workers for giving unbeatable source to the world.

Actually i am new to oracle ERP not only oracle also new for ERP softwares. I want to learn e business suite for finance and hr services.I have Windows 7 (32 bit). I would like to download this E Business suite. In the download page there are lot of files available to download i selected "Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Media Pack v8 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit)" but it's too bigger in size. Is it possible to download these all files from internet. I need your help to download......

Thanks Advance..

SAKTHI...
        • 1. Re: Need Help to Download Oracle E Business Suite
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Is it possible to download these all files from internet. I need your help to download......
          Yes, you need to download the following:

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Media Pack for Microsoft Windows (32-bit), Part Number: B54471-08

From: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 1 of 4), Part Number: B53824-01 Part 1 of 4
          To: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 2 (Part 2 of 2), Part Number: V15677-01 Part 2 of 2

Please note that Windows 7 is not certified with R12 as database/apps tier nodes -- Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Microsoft Windows Server (32-bit) [ID 761567.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Need Help to Download Oracle E Business Suite
            Ok thank you Hussein May I know the total size of this application.
            • 3. Re: Need Help to Download Oracle E Business Suite
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              960776 wrote:
              Ok thank you Hussein May I know the total size of this application.
              If you mean the files that you need to download, then you can get it from e-delivery website -- https://edelivery.oracle.com

If you want to know how much it will take to install the application/database, then please refer to:

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation Guide Using Rapid Install, Disk Space Requirements -- http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12842/T422699i4773.htm#i50397

The total space required for a standard system (not including the stage area) is 85 GB for a fresh install with a production database, and 233 GB for a fresh install with a Vision Demo database.

For a production database install, running Rapid Install from a stage area requires at least 47 GB to accommodate the file system and database files in the stage area.

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Need Help to Download Oracle E Business Suite
                Srini Chavali-Oracle
                Pl see my blog posts (linked in my profile) on how to install R12.1.1 on Windows 7 computer using a Linux VM. You will need access to My Oracle Support to do so - access is given when you purchase a support contract from Oracle.

HTH
                Srini