6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 4:32 AM by 986622 RSS

How do you save Lists you create?

beachw08
      I have the lists service working wonderfully with my portal app but when I restart my app or the server none of the lists I create are saved. They are still there if I keep the server running and just close out of the browser. Do need to save them to a content manager or what? I was thinking they would save to the database but I guess I was wrong.

Also I just found out that none of the settings I apply to users are being saved when I shutdown the server.

Edited by: beachw08 on Sep 24, 2012 1:28 PM

Edited by: beachw08 on Sep 25, 2012 8:13 AM
        • 1. Re: How do you save Lists you create?
          Yannick Ongena
          I assume this is from JDeveloper?
          Runtime changes are not saved by default. This is because the idea from Oracle is that you use JDeveloper to test the application at runtime and build the app in JDeveloper. So everything you do outside JDeveloper is seen as a test. That's why you always get a clean sheet when you run the application.

In order to keep them you need to preserve the runtime customizations which I explained here: http://www.yonaweb.be/webcenter_tutorial/part1_configure_webcenter_portal_application

If you already did this and you still loose the lists than there is some other issues. In that case, can you provide the parameters you are using for the list taskflow?
          • 2. Re: How do you save Lists you create?
            beachw08
            I had seen that and had checked preserver customizations across application runs, and this is where I am stuck now cause it gives me all sorts of errors.

When I start the application it gives me this one...
            oracle.adf.share.prefs.PreferencesRuntimeException: oracle.mds.core.ConcurrentMOChangeException: MDS-00165: metadata Object "/oracle/adf/share/prefs/data/preferences.xml" has changed    
            MDS-00512: failure to create document /oracle/adf/share/prefs/data/preferences.xml because file C:\Users\TSPi\AppData\Roaming\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.6.38.61.92\o.mds.dt\adrs\AutoGeneratedMar\mds_adrs_writedir\oracle\adf\share\prefs\data\preferences.xml already exists
                 at oracle.adf.share.prefs.ADFPreferencesManager.getPreference(ADFPreferencesManager.java:202)
                 at oracle.adf.share.prefs.ADFPreferencesManager.getRootNode(ADFPreferencesManager.java:232)
                 at oracle.adf.share.prefs.ADFPreferencesFactory.systemRoot(ADFPreferencesFactory.java:130)
                 at oracle.adf.share.prefs.ADFPreferences.systemRoot(ADFPreferences.java:756)
                 at oracle.webcenter.framework.security.idm.DefaultCacheInfo.getCacheMaxCount(DefaultCacheInfo.java:67)
                 at oracle.webcenter.framework.internal.view.WCFrameworkContextListener.contextInitialized(WCFrameworkContextListener.java:379)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:481)
                 at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
                 at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextCreatedEvent(EventsManager.java:181)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:1872)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.start(WebAppServletContext.java:3153)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.startContexts(WebAppModule.java:1508)
                 at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:482)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$3.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:425)
                 at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.start(ModuleStateDriver.java:119)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.start(ScopedModuleDriver.java:200)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.start(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:247)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$3.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:425)
                 at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.start(ModuleStateDriver.java:119)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.flow.StartModulesFlow.activate(StartModulesFlow.java:27)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$2.next(BaseDeployment.java:636)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.activate(BaseDeployment.java:205)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.EarDeployment.activate(EarDeployment.java:58)
                 at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.activate(DeploymentStateChecker.java:161)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.activate(AppContainerInvoker.java:79)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.activate(AbstractOperation.java:569)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.activateDeployment(ActivateOperation.java:150)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doCommit(ActivateOperation.java:116)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.commit(AbstractOperation.java:323)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeploymentCommit(DeploymentManager.java:844)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.activateDeploymentList(DeploymentManager.java:1253)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleCommit(DeploymentManager.java:440)
                 at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.commit(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:163)
                 at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.doCommitCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:195)
                 at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.access$100(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:13)
                 at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer$2.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:68)
                 at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
                 at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
            Caused by: oracle.mds.core.ConcurrentMOChangeException: MDS-00165: metadata Object "/oracle/adf/share/prefs/data/preferences.xml" has changed    
            MDS-00512: failure to create document /oracle/adf/share/prefs/data/preferences.xml because file C:\Users\TSPi\AppData\Roaming\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.6.38.61.92\o.mds.dt\adrs\AutoGeneratedMar\mds_adrs_writedir\oracle\adf\share\prefs\data\preferences.xml already exists
                 at oracle.mds.core.UpdateableMOContent.constructConcurrentMOChangeException(UpdateableMOContent.java:1376)
                 at oracle.mds.core.UpdateableMOContent.saveMOContent(UpdateableMOContent.java:1143)
                 at oracle.mds.core.MDSTransaction.flushChangesToPTrans(MDSTransaction.java:851)
                 at oracle.mds.core.MDSTransaction.internalCommit(MDSTransaction.java:2928)
                 at oracle.mds.core.MDSSession.flushChanges(MDSSession.java:1022)
                 at oracle.mds.core.MDSSession.flushChanges(MDSSession.java:850)
                 at oracle.adf.share.prefs.MDSHelper.createBaseDocument(MDSHelper.java:348)
                 at oracle.adf.share.prefs.MDSHelper.setNode(MDSHelper.java:284)
                 at oracle.adf.share.prefs.ADFPreferences.<init>(ADFPreferences.java:186)
                 at oracle.adf.share.prefs.ADFPreferencesManager.getPreference(ADFPreferencesManager.java:195)
                 ... 42 more
            Caused by: oracle.mds.persistence.DocumentExistsException: MDS-00512: failure to create document /oracle/adf/share/prefs/data/preferences.xml because file C:\Users\TSPi\AppData\Roaming\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.6.38.61.92\o.mds.dt\adrs\AutoGeneratedMar\mds_adrs_writedir\oracle\adf\share\prefs\data\preferences.xml already exists
                 at oracle.mds.internal.persistence.file.FileMetadataStoreConnection.getFileForCreate(FileMetadataStoreConnection.java:1718)
                 at oracle.mds.internal.persistence.file.FileMetadataStoreConnection.createStoreDocument(FileMetadataStoreConnection.java:406)
                 at oracle.mds.persistence.MetadataStoreConnection.createDocument(MetadataStoreConnection.java:319)
                 at oracle.mds.internal.persistence.file.URLMSConnection.createStoreDocument(URLMSConnection.java:211)
                 at oracle.mds.persistence.MetadataStoreConnection.createDocument(MetadataStoreConnection.java:319)
                 at oracle.mds.persistence.PTransaction.createDocument(PTransaction.java:547)
                 at oracle.mds.core.UpdateableMOContent.createPDocument(UpdateableMOContent.java:1526)
                 at oracle.mds.core.UpdateableMOContent.saveMOContent(UpdateableMOContent.java:1089)
                 ... 50 more
            I have tried deleting that file (preferences.xml) and deploying the app again which seems to take care of the problem the first time I start the application after deleting the xml file, but I get the same error after I try redeploying.

This is the error I get when I change application roles permissions at run time
            <SecurityUtil> <getSecurityHandler> Security Handler not found for service oracle.webcenter.activitystreaming.
            oracle.webcenter.security.model.exception.SecHandlerNotFoundException: Security Handler not found for service oracle.webcenter.activitystreaming.
                 at oracle.webcenter.security.internal.common.SecurityUtil.getSecurityHandler(SecurityUtil.java:184)
                 at oracle.webcenter.security.internal.common.SecurityUtil.getSecurityHandler(SecurityUtil.java:80)
                 at oracle.webcenter.security.rolemanager.internal.view.backing.RoleManagerEditAppRoleBean.getPermissionList(RoleManagerEditAppRoleBean.java:130)
                 at oracle.webcenter.security.rolemanager.internal.view.backing.RoleManagerEditAppRoleTransientBean.getPermissionList(RoleManagerEditAppRoleTransientBean.java:113)
                 at oracle.webcenter.security.rolemanager.internal.view.backing.RoleManagerEditAppRoleTransientBean.getPermissionTree(RoleManagerEditAppRoleTransientBean.java:54)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                 at javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:261)
                 at com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver._getValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:173)
                 at com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver.getValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:200)
                 at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(Unknown Source)
                 at com.sun.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(Unknown Source)
                 at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.bean.FacesBeanImpl.getProperty(FacesBeanImpl.java:68)
                 at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.FacesBeanWrapper.getProperty(FacesBeanWrapper.java:58)
                 at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTree$RowKeyFacesBeanWrapper.getProperty(UIXTree.java:380)
                 at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.getProperty(UIXComponentBase.java:1194)
                 at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTree.getValue(UIXTree.java:675)
                 at oracle.webcenter.security.rolemanager.internal.view.backing.RoleManagerEditAppRoleTransientBean.getDisclosedRowKeys(RoleManagerEditAppRoleTransientBean.java:69)
                 ...a lot more
            Is there some prerequisite I haven't done that I need to do? I read the oracle doc about it but I didn't see any.
            • 3. Re: How do you save Lists you create?
              Ya I am having the same problem on my application as well. I believe it is the same error as well.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
              Dustin
              • 4. Re: How do you save Lists you create?
                beachw08
                If I deploy the application to the server it works and everything stays. I know why it does this it's just a pain in the ass if I am just trying to test my app to see if things stay after hitting the run button. I would still like to know why I get that error when I check preserve customizations across application runs.
                • 5. Re: How do you save Lists you create?
                  HI beachw08

Did u happen to solve this prob??

Im facing the same prob.

Please help me out.

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: How do you save Lists you create?
                    Hi all,

I found the solution for this.

U have to retain the oracle.adf.share.config.SiteCC in the adf-config.xml under mds configuration.
                    I had deleted this and added onli oracle.adf.share.config.UserCC .

If the prob still persists
                    1. Go to Application properties under Application menu.
                    2. Run->MDS. change the Default location by overiding the location.
                    3. The location should be D:\oracle\system11.1.1.6.38.61.90\o.mds.dt\adrs\+your project+\AutoGeneratedMar\mds_adrs_writedir

Hope this helps :)

Thenx