This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2012 10:34 PM by RajAlag RSS

OEPE (12.1.1.1.0) Juno doesn't work with remote WLS 11g R1 (10.3.6)

user8959777 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
today I do setup a new development enviorment with:
a WLS 11g R1 (10.3.6) runing on a Solaris Server
and Eclipse JEE Juno with all features from OEPE (12.1.1.1.0) Juno and the wls 1036_dev as runtime enviorment on a Windows 7 Client

Login to the console on the remote server works.

Under a new workspace inside Eclipse I do define the Runitme Enviorment with the 10.3.6 server.
Than I create a simple WebProject.
Last I define a Remote WLS Server with host, port user and password and try to run the web project on the server.

This failed with:
Cannot establish connection to deployment manger. User: weblogic failed to be authenticated.

After seaching 3 hours the web where are my error, I give up.

Than I do the same with Eclipse JEE Indigo andthe OEPE (12.1.1.1.0) Indigo and it works.

IMHO there a a Bug inside the Juno release.

Greeting's
Heiko
  • 1. Re: OEPE (12.1.1.1.0) Juno doesn't work with remote WLS 11g R1 (10.3.6)
    RajAlag Newbie
    Hi Heiko,

Could you provide the specific Solaris version you are running. I will try reproducing the issue locally,

could you confirm if he environment listed below is what you are running with

WLS 10.3.6 installed on remote Solaris machine.

OEPE 12.1.1.1.0 Juno ( Eclipse 3.8) installed on local Windows machine

deployment of simple webapp to remote server fails

When you created the remote server were you able to test connection to the server ? did that succeed ?

thanks
    Raj
  • 2. Re: OEPE (12.1.1.1.0) Juno doesn't work with remote WLS 11g R1 (10.3.6)
    user8959777 Newbie
    Hi Raj,
    it is a Sparc Solaris 10
    and yes that's my enviorment.

After some more tests it's seems it's not a real bug but no realy nice working solution.

Eclipse uses for all instances the same secure storage, where OEPE also saves the password.

And if I look right the pasword was saved without the user context, so if you use an other user he takes the same password from the old user.
    and I doesn't know how do OEPE check the connection in reality or only reply the last failed login message.

After deleting the complete secure storage and test it again with the juno version it works well.
  • 3. Re: OEPE (12.1.1.1.0) Juno doesn't work with remote WLS 11g R1 (10.3.6)
    RajAlag Newbie
    Hi Heiko,

Thanks for the update. I tried it locally with Oracle Solaris 11 last week and was unable to reproduce as well.
    Regarding the secure storage behavior, it looks like there might be an issue with multiple remote servers on the same machine. I will look into this and file a bug if necessary.

thanks
    Raj