This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2012 9:52 AM by 844392 RSS

ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files

844392 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello guys,

I am having problem with my apex application.
I get ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application (:) on application accept whenever I try to upload any file to wwv_flow_files table. Other things work fine.
Anything larger than 300Kb fails.
This only happens when connected via internet(https), doing it locally works fine.

I am using Apex Listener on Tomcat.
Uploading via Modplsql address works fine so it is something to do with the listener but I can't figure out why and it is driving me nuts...
I have searched the net but found no real solution yet.

These are my settings
Apex Listener instance named "apex" deployed in Tomcat in machine01
Tomcat running on machine01
DB and Apache running on machine02

httpd.conf
ProxyPass /apex http://machine01:443/apex
ProxyPassReverse /apex http://machine01:443/apex

tomcat server.xml file connector setting
<Connector port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
proxyName="machine02"
scheme="https"
proxyPort="443"
secure="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"
maxHttpHeaderSize="32767"
connectionTimeout="30000"
redirectPort="443"
compression="force"
compressionMinSize="512"
noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/javascript,application/xml,application/css,application/javascript" />

Can anyone help me please?
  • 1. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    844392 Newbie
    Anyone??
    Apex version is 4.1.0.00.32
    Tomcat 7.0
    Apex Listener 1.1.3

Tried with Apex Listener 1.1.4 but no good...
  • 2. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    Prabodh Guru
    Hi,
    Anyone??
    Apex version is 4.1.0.00.32
    Tomcat 7.0
    Apex Listener 1.1.3

Tried with Apex Listener 1.1.4 but no good...>

I use ApexListener , but not with Tomcat, and have not had any issues with file uploads.
    Maybe it is Tomcat issue?

Cheers,
  • 3. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    Udo Guru
    Hi,

could you specify some more details on your scenario? (versions for DB, APEX, APEX Listener, Tomcat, JDK, OS would have been nice...)
    My best guess is that your compression isn't working as expected in your setup. Another option that could be tricky is your "secure" setting, as your HTTPD isn't really using secure requests towards your Tomcat, but is proxying simple HTTP to the backend.

-Udo
  • 4. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    844392 Newbie
    Thank you both for replying.

Ok more information on my setup.
    DB version is 11.2.0.1.0 is running on Redhat(machine02).
    Tomcat version 7.0 on windows(machine01).

I have tried setting compression="off" and secure="false" but sadly didn't solve the problem..

Just curious if <Location> tag can be used? I got it from dads.conf which I used before moving to listener..
    It also didn't work.

<Location /apex/>
    SetHandler pls_handler
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
    AllowOverride None
    PlsqlDatabaseUsername APEX_PUBLIC_USER
    PlsqlDatabasePassword password
    PlsqlDatabaseConnectString dbaddress:111:TNSNAME
    PlsqlDefaultPage apex
    PlsqlDocumentTablename wwv_flow_file_objects$
    PlsqlDocumentPath docs
    PlsqlDocumentProcedure wwv_flow_file_manager.process_download
    </Location>

Downloading file works fine as well so I am really stuck :(
  • 5. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    844392 Newbie
    Below is the code that gets fired when I click upload button on the page...

declare
    l_file_name VARCHAR2(4000);
    begin

wwv_flow.debug('>>> ' || :P1_XML_FILE);

select filename
    into l_file_name
    from apex_application_files
    where name = :P1_XML_FILE;

--if l_file_count = 1 then
    APEX_COLLECTION.ADD_MEMBER(
    p_collection_name => 'XML_UPLOAD_LIST',
    p_c001 => l_file_name,
    p_c002 => :P1_XML_FILE,
    p_generate_md5 => 'NO');
    --end if;

end;
  • 6. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    Udo Guru
    Tomcat version 7.0 on windows(machine01).
    Which exact versions? JDK?
    Do you see anything in your catalina.out or some other log you've mapped output from your APEX Listener deployment to?
    Just curious if <Location> tag can be used? I got it from dads.conf which I used before moving to listener..
    I don't think so. The parameters you can set in dads.conf are related to mod_plsql and are not available when using APEX Listener. Obviously things like DB User and connection string have to be set in APEX Listener as well, but I'm not sure which of these parameters would help you with your file uploads.

How long does it take until you receive the ERR-7621, and how "far" is your client away from your APEX Listener? If you are accessing from a remote site: Did you also try a local upload?
    If you think a timeout could be effective, you could try to set disableUploadTimeout for your HTTP Connector. There may be other relevant parameters depending on your scenario, e.g. maxPostSize or maxSavePostSize (see [url http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html]Documentation for HTTP Connector Configuration for details).

You've posted the code that should be fired after the upload. Could you also provide information about the page/process that starts the upload?

-Udo
  • 7. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    844392 Newbie
    Hi Udo,

Thanks for your response.

The upload works fine in local environment.
    I recieve the error as soon as the file is uploaded.

The code I posted is the process that DOES the upload.
    Below is what the whole process looks like.
    File Browse button -> select file -> click a button which fires the page process in above post -> branch back to current page.

I have tried disabling the branch back but this is not a issue. Problem still occurred.

I will try the Tomcat setting.
  • 8. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    Udo Guru
    The upload works fine in local environment.
    Does this local part include the proxy access or do you bypass it?
    The code I posted is the process that DOES the upload.
    I'd have thought this is the process that "processes" the upload, as it expects the file to be in apex_application_files (which actually is a synonym pointing at wwv_flow_files ) already. But...
    Below is what the whole process looks like.
    File Browse button -> select file -> click a button which fires the page process in above post -> branch back to current page.
    ... now I know that you use the File Browse item targeting at WWV_FLOW_FILES . Do you have any conditions on that item? Does your button trigger any special request or something? How exactly did you configure your branch? Anything else to happen on your page before or after you've selected a file to be uploaded?

And it would still be interesting to know if you see anything in your Tomcat's logs when you submit the upload page...

-Udo
  • 9. Re: ERR-7621 Could not determine workspace for application when uploading files
    844392 Newbie
    Hello Udo,

Thanks for getting back and sorry I didn't come back earlier..

> Does this local part include the proxy access or do you bypass it?

We bypass proxy when we access the page locally. So we use local machine's name to access it.
    i.e. http://machine01:8080/apex

Bit more info about stuffs in the page.

File browse item does not have any conditions.

On my previous post which I said
    > Below is what the whole process looks like.
    > File Browse button -> select file -> click a button which fires the page process in above post -> branch back to current page.

I need to correct this.

File browse button -> select file -> click a button item which has action set as Submit Page -> plsql process in my previous post. This has process point set as "on submit after computation & validation"
    and the branch has branch point set as "on submit : after processing (after computaion, validation and processing)"

I couldn't find anything in the Tomcat/Apex listener logs when I do this.....
    Really stuck :(

SinK

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points