5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 9:59 AM by BrianPa RSS

Upgrade from OEM 12.1.0.1.0 to 12.1.0.2.0 SYSMAN_OPSS error

Rejjr00017
      Today I try to upgrade the OEM12C (12.1.0.1.0) to OEM12c R2 (12.1.0.2.0).
      I used the out of place upgrade using the same Database.

So I already have a database (OEMDB) running for 12.1.0.1.0
      I used the "Upgrade an existing Enterprise Manager System"
      - One System Upgrade.
      Select my installed Oracle home ( 12.1.0.1.0 )

Give another directory for the new install for the OMS and Middleware product.
      Give the info for my OEMDB.

The error I received was in the "*MDS SChema Configuration"*.
      Fund in the */Middleware/oms/cfgtoologs/cfgfw/oracle.sysman.top.oms_2012-09-25_07-40-10-AM.log*

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Starting APM Schema Creation.
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:APM Component is already created
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:The plug-in MDS Schema Configuration has failed its perform method
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:About to execute plug-in MDS Schema Configuration
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:The plug-in MDS Schema Configuration is running
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Internal PlugIn Class: oracle.sysman.oms.MDSSchemaConfiguration
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Classpath = /app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/sysman/jlib/omsConfig.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/sysman/jlib/emcore_client.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../modules/com.bea.core.apache.log4j_1.2.13.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jlib/rcucommon.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/sysman/jlib/emagentSDK.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.xdk_11.1.0/xmlparserv2.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.odl_11.1.1/ojdl.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.xdk_11.1.0/xml.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.jdbc_11.1.1/ojdbc6dms.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.dms_11.1.1/dms.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.odl_11.1.1/ojdl.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jlib/rcu.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jlib/SchemaVersion.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/jlib/ua.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.ldap_11.1.1/ojmisc.jar
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:BaseConfiguration:invoke:Starting BaseConfiguration invoke method on an aggregate=oracle.sysman.top.oms for Action=configuration in step=7:microstep=0
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:__________________________DUMPING PARAMETERS______________________________________________
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:OracleHome: /app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Connect String: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=<OEMSERVER>)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=OEM12)))
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:SYS User: SYS
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:________________________________________________________________________
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:MDS Schema Creation status: COMPLETED
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:MDS Schema Creation is successful
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:_______________________________________________________________________
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Starting opss Schema Creation.
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:*Failed to create OPSS schema*
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:_______________________________________________________________________
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Starting APM Schema Creation.
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:APM Component is already created
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:The plug-in MDS Schema Configuration has failed its perform method

Like I said, my SYSMAN<*> schema already exist, so this is an upgrade and not a new install.
      Seems like the upgrade try to re-create the SYSMAN_OPSS schema.
      SYSMAN_APM already exist since Feb 13th, like the SYSMAN_OPSS.

Any idea what could I look for ?

Thank you

Rejean