This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 3:12 AM by jiyong RSS

How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.

904911 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all:

It's siebel 8.0, I am working on a Home Page, and need to invoke a browser script from it. however, I found it can access Server Script only, the BS is not invoked. Is there any solution to fix it?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.
    902432 Newbie
    Hello,
    From which even you are invoking Browser script. You can only use events valid for SI mode for homepage applet. You have to change the applet if you want to invoke BS.

Regards,
    -Rahul-
  • 2. Re: How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.
    904911 Newbie
    thanks for your response, I'm a newbie to siebl and not clear about what SI mode is. The class of my current applet is CSSSWEFrameMirrorAdd, and I wrote script in Applet_PreInvokeMethod, even in Applet_Load as well, but nothing invoked.
  • 3. Re: How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.
    jiyong Pro
    Did you generate the Browser Scripts?

Just start with a simple SWEAlert Browser Script to see if it is working.
    Or as a test use it somewhere else (other than the Homepage) and see if it is working.
  • 4. Re: How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.
    904911 Newbie
    hi, the BS is working if I placed it to another page, it's just not working on the homepage. I searched in Oracle workshelf, there's some specification below:

High Interactivity and Standard Interactivity are Types of User interface.
    High Interactivity is available for employee Applications supporting highly interactive enterprise users and requires internet explorer 5 or more.

Standard Interactivity is available for customer Application and behaves like traditional web applications, requiring frequent page refreshes.

NOTE: Browser Script may only be used with applications which run in high interactivity mode,
    except when scripting Control events supported by the Browser Document Object Model.

I think the search homepage is Standard Interactivity so it can not use BS inside.

so any solutions on it?
  • 5. Re: How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.
    jiyong Pro
    If you would tell us a bit more about the functional requirements, we could try to find a different solution.
  • 6. Re: How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.
    904911 Newbie
    Hi, the function in the BS was intended to call a business service and open a new window then. The detail is as below:

function OpenWindow(sId, sName)
    {

var svc;

var psInputs = TheApplication().NewPropertySet();
         var psOutputs = TheApplication().NewPropertySet();

svc = TheApplication().GetService("XXX");
         psInputs.SetProperty("Name", sName);
         psOutputs = svc.InvokeMethod("GetProp", psInputs);
         var sUrl = psOutputs.GetProperty("Value") + sId;
         window.open(sUrl, "_blank", "status=0,toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,height=600,width=800");
    }
  • 7. Re: How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.
    904911 Newbie
    actually, what I want to do is find a solution to instead the window.open js in server script.

in Browser script:
    window.open(sUrl, "_blank", "status=0,toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,height=600,width=800");

so what's the correspond method in server script?
  • 8. Re: How to invoke Browser Script from Homge Page.
    jiyong Pro
    So far I haven't seen a solution for the Applet Load event.

You can do it from a button.
    See Supportweb: Unable to Open an Url in a New Window from Custom Button on Home Page Applet [ID 484091.1]

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points