5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 6:11 AM by Ben83 RSS

Row Selector Checkbox in Report throws "wwv_flow.accept" Error when checked

Hello all,

I ran into some time consuming trouble on

a page of an assistant flow contains a report regions. Users shall select one or many rows from the report.
      The checkbox was added as a linked column and formatted as "Simple Checkbox".

After submitting to the "NEXT" page an item :Px_MYEVENTS shall collect the ID column value of all selected rows.
      The page process "After Submit" shows:

+:P2_Myevents := apex_util.table_to_string(apex_application.g_f01,';');+

It is expected that only selected rows appear on the item, because we need this for further activities.

On testing strange things happens:
      If no selection is done, the target page appears, the item :Px_Myevents contains the values of all rows

When a selection is done, the branch error "wwv_flow.accept" appears, :Px_Myevents doesn't contain a value.

This throws even when the code is used as a DA of type PLSQL - statement or function

How do I get the expecte behaviour?

Edited by: F Lan on 27.09.2012 13:18

Apex Version is 4.1.1 on Oracle 11GR2 XE
      Remember the milk ;-)

Regards
        • 1. Re: Row Selector Checkbox in Report throws "wwv_flow.accept" Error when checked
          Prabodh
          Hi,

Always state
          <ul>
          <li>Apex Version</li>
          <li>DB Version and edition</li>
          <li>Web server used.I.e. EPG, OHS, ApexListner Standalone or with J2EE container</li>
          <li>When asking about forms always state tabular form if it is a tabular form</li>
          <li>When asking about reports always state Classic / IR</li>
          <li><b>Always post code snippets enclosed in a pair of &#123;code&#125; tags as explained in FAQ</b></li>
          </ul>
          The following line ought to work they way you want it to , I have used this construct without issues
          :P2_Myevents := apex_util.table_to_string(apex_application.g_f01,';');
          If no selection is done, the target page appears, the item :Px_Myevents contains the <b>values of all rows</b>
          This suggests that all checkboxes are being treated as checked.
          You need to check why they are being treated as checked. Depends how they are rendered and if they are being manipulated in some way.
          The other point to consider is the Processing Point. The above process must run before ApplyMRU/ApplyMRD.

You could try running the form in debug mode to see if it revealing anything in the Debug Report.

The other way is to put it up on apex.oracle.com for someone to take a closer look at it.

Cheers,
          • 2. Re: Row Selector Checkbox in Report throws "wwv_flow.accept" Error when checked
            Hello,

on the local environment I use EPG and oracle listener, not apex listener.

On the failing list I changed from GUI driven approach (adding a column link and set the style to simplke checkbox) after several tests.
            All of them delivered the same unreal result.
            At last I changed the source.
            Again the use apex_item.checkbox2() returns all values from the list instead of only checked ones.

The same behaviour appears at apex.oracle.com.

Do get a closer view inside, please try
            http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=45483

As user be "Guest" / "Bijuf7".
            As developer be "Guest_Admin" / "TiGaN1".

After login. go ahead to page 2 by clicking on "Weiter>".
            Check one or more values and activate "Weiter >".
            Next page shows an text item inside of the information region.
            That receives the values selected.

Cheers,
            • 3. Re: Row Selector Checkbox in Report throws "wwv_flow.accept" Error when checked
              Prabodh
              As developer be "Guest_Admin" / "TiGaN1".
              Workspace?

Cheers,
              • 4. Re: Row Selector Checkbox in Report throws "wwv_flow.accept" Error when checked
                Hi Prabodh ,

Workspace is named "sport_test".

UPDATE:
                As apex_item.checkbox() returns the same behaviour, I decided to redesign the report.
                Now everything works.

Thanks for sharing ,

regards

Edited by: F Lan on 06.10.2012 13:10
                • 5. Re: Row Selector Checkbox in Report throws "wwv_flow.accept" Error when checked
                  Ben83
                  Hi,

I'm getting the same error.

Could you please explain how you resolved it.

Ive created a report with check box and when I try to check the box and click the submit process button, It throws the same error (wwv_flow.accept).

Appreciate if you can provide me the solution.

Thanks,
                  Ben
                  APEX Version : 4.1.1.00.2