2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 8:46 AM by 964828 RSS

How can I get the "From Location" property of a given location using omb

Dear colleagues,

I'm trying to get the "From Location" from a given location.
      To get the net service name I used [OMBRETRIEVE LOCATION '$registeredLocation' GET PROPERTIES (NET_SERVICE_NAME)].
      But there is no matching property for the FROM LOCATION (only available if the location is of DATABASE_LINK type).
      How can I do that?

Best regards,
      Sebastian
        • 1. Re: How can I get the "From Location" property of a given location using omb
          MccM
          Host and service name contain that information, I dont understand what are you trying to retrive? What would be output of such query?
          • 2. Re: How can I get the "From Location" property of a given location using omb
            I'm iterating over registered oracle locations of a given oracle module. The output of the following code sniped is the net service name of the registered location. [OMBRETRIEVE LOCATION '$registeredLocation' GET PROPERTIES (NET_SERVICE_NAME)]
            But not for all cases. If the location is of the type DATABASE_LINK the output ist empty i.e. "{}". Because there is no property named "NET_SEVICE_NAME". If you look at it in the design center you can see "From Location" instead. There you can find an other oracle location name where the database link is used from. I want to get the name of the "From Location". But there is no property in OMBRETRIEVE LOCATION. Sorry for the confusion.