I'm a DBA and I've got a developer using Oracle Entity Framework to develop a .NET app.
We recently spun up a new schema for a test environment. The schema are in the same database. When we tried to get the app to use the new schema name we found it was trying to access the table from the original schema. This isn't acceptable in our environment as we will run dev, test, and stage on the same database.
Also we have tight change control measures so the developer will not be able to modify their code to migrate it from one environment to the next. This means the schema name the app uses to access the database needs to be driven by parameter files that are encrypted.