This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2012 9:47 AM by Dude! RSS

RHEL 4.x to OEL 4_latest

964667 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
It is my understanding and I just wanting to verify that subscribing a RHEL 4.(5|6||7) server to OELs 4_latest channel will work to bring the server up to the latest possible patch level in 4.8. Should I update at the currently level first before subscribing to 4_latest?

-Brian
  • 1. Re: RHEL 4.x to OEL 4_latest
    Avi Miller Guru
    961664 wrote:
    It is my understanding and I just wanting to verify that subscribing a RHEL 4.(5|6||7) server to OELs 4_latest channel will work to bring the server up to the latest possible patch level in 4.8. Should I update at the currently level first before subscribing to 4_latest?
    Nope. You can subscribe to el4_<arch>_latest and then just run up2date. it'll handle the rest. Note that the latest EL4 version is EL4U9.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 2. Re: RHEL 4.x to OEL 4_latest
    Dude! Guru
    If you use Oracle Public Yum you will have to import the GPG key for the Oracle packages:

rpm --import http://public-yum.oracle.com/RPM-GPG-KEY-oracle-el4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points