This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2012 12:32 PM by rukbat RSS

Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)

965121 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Sirs,
after having installed Oracle™ Java™ Platform, Standard Edition Developer Preview Release 1.7.10 Beta 06 (05.09.2012).exe I performed a deep cleaning using the latest Xleaner Enhanced release, which, because of an error of mine, accidentally deleted the Java Setup files.

O.S.: MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 fully updated.

Because of that I'm unable either to reinstall the same Preview release or to uninstall it.

Obviously I cant install the b9 release as well.

Tried with JavaRa 2.0 too but it also fails.

I need a suggestion on how to get rid of this issue without reinstalling the complete OS.

JavaRa 2.0 Log:

User initialised redundant data purge.
*......................*

Removed registry subkey: java.exe
Removed registry subkey: javaw.exe
*Removed registry subkey trees: 289
Removed registry subkey: 1.0.1
Removed registry subkey: 1.0.1_02
Removed registry subkey: 1.0.1_03
Removed registry subkey: 1.0.1_04
Removed registry subkey: 1.2
Removed registry subkey: 1.2.0_01
Removed registry subkey tree: JavaSoft
Removal routine completed successfully. 689 items have been deleted.

Waiting for any useful reply I remain.
Yours.
  • 1. Re: Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    Moderator Action:
    You reposted this 24 hours after this initial forum post.
    That duplicate has been removed.

Multi-posting is poor forum etiquette. Don't do it.
  • 2. Re: Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)
    965121 Newbie
    I did it coz I didnt exactly know where to ask da question.
    Both questions were published at da same time.
    BTW no one gave me a solution to my issue and the java.net forums are offline due to maintenance.
    Regards.
  • 3. Re: Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    Your sense or urgency is irrelevant.

These are user-to-user forums and the potential pool of people that might respond is global.
    Additionally, this OTN forum site is for technical forums for programmers and not for end users on a PeeCee that muck around in their Microsoft Windows registry when they likely don't know exactly what their doing.

For all you know, the best one to give an answer just went to sleep as you posted, is on the other side of the world from you, and is planning to leave for holiday as soon as they awaken:
    ... for a three month sabbatical to some isolated part of the world that has no Internet access.
  • 4. Re: Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)
    965121 Newbie
    RubKat,
    it seems to me you're quite a polemic administrator and that's not a good thing in a forum, where is supposed than an admin be a polite person.

FIY not all IT literates are programmers, and I didnt tweak my Windows registry (when I do it, and sometimes I've to do it to let the Windows responds my needs, not the MS ones) I exactly know what Im doing or not.

This time has been a mistake of mine, an oversight using the Xleaner software, quite new to me (I well know both Ace Utlities and CCleaner + CCEnhanced).

So try to see the things from the rigth point of view, being more polite and less polemic.

Now, as administrator, you may delete this thread and block me from posting again here, your choice, but, anyway, I repeat please calm down, understanding other people needs.

Could it be or am I asking too much to a Forum Administrator?

Regards.

John
  • 5. Re: Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)
    965121 Newbie
    RubKat,
    could you also be please so kind to inform me of a place on the web where I can get any help?

I tried to using the java.net forums but they're offline for maintenance or to improving them (thats what the website responds when I try to publish something), so this forum has been the second resource and an alternative to the java.net ones.

Again, regards.

John
  • 6. Re: Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)
    gimbal2 Guru
    Stop looking for a Java forum to get your answers, they are all going to be about programming, not tech hacking. Find a website that is more aimed at general computer stuff for a better chance of running into someone who has been in the same boat as you are.

Also: your opinion about other people on this forum is also quite irrelevant and still an opinion, not a fact. You could be wrong you know, in the interest of that option existing I would not be so hasty to post something that could be interpreted as slanderous.
  • 7. Re: Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)
    965121 Newbie
    Gimbal2,
    my opinion (as you wrote is just an opinion) is worth the same as per the RukBat one.

I personally expect from a forum administrator to be just impartial and polite.

If you read the RukBat reply you'll feel a deep-seated contempt for me, threating me as just a stupid Windows users who's trolling around his Windows registry having no idea of what's doing, and that's not true.

An administrator, IMHO, should be more like a judge not a grand jury; like a supervisor not like a common user.

That's what I learned in my life; I didnt ask him to personally help me, but not to be rude.

I dont think is too much pretension expect that from an administrator.

So, in the interest of the existing option that he has been unpolite me too I hope to havent been so hasty to have published something interpreted as slanderous.

Regarding your advice I'll look for a more user-oriented forum, even if I beg your pardon if I dont understand why a programmer could not help me (I supposed, and I could have been wrong, that a programmer is like a God, able to get any user out of the whirlpool).

Yours faithfully.
  • 8. Re: Java 1.7.10 b06 issues (installation files)
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    I dont understand why a programmer could not help me
    You haven't asked a programming question.

This entire thread is ourside the scope of these forums.
    You've posted an inappropriate question and persist in expecting a solution regardless.

You continual usage of pasting everything in a bold font continues to suggest you are hinting at some sense of urgency (which is not there) and is visually annoying.

Thread locked.

Edited by: rukbat on Sep 30, 2012 3:31 PM
    ... and I am NOT a forum administrator, merely a moderator.
    Moderators are unpaid volunteers that are tasked with keeping the forum on-topic.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points