7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2012 11:04 AM by orafad RSS

not connecting to oracle homepage

hello i am using windows xp home edition (with oracle 11g r2). oracle installed with out any problems but when i click get started internet explorer it says(internet explorer cannot display the webpage) this is the address get started open up to (http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/f?p=4950) but does not work.

what can i do to fix this problem because i am using this for school.
      thanks for any help you can give
        • 1. Re: not connecting to oracle homepage
          orafad
          That's a top faq. Please use forums search and read previous threads:

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=%2B4950+%2Bget+%2Bstarted&objID=f251&dateRange=lastyear&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
          • 2. Re: not connecting to oracle homepage
            oracle still is not working. after checking through the installation files i found out that the database was not installed. what can cause that is it because i am running windows xp home edition. (using windows installer 4.5)
            • 3. Re: not connecting to oracle homepage
              orafad
              962166 wrote:
              is it because i am running windows xp home edition.
              Possibly. As per Installation guide, in XP line only Professional is supported.
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18803/toc.htm#CIHFEBGE

Other causes might be -- as found while going through previous threads
              - improper os/networking configuration
              - using domain login
              - event log being full

What did the relevant config\log\ log file say?
              • 4. Re: not connecting to oracle homepage
                what do you mean by using domain login and network configuration
                • 5. Re: not connecting to oracle homepage
                  orafad
                  962166 wrote:
                  what do you mean by using domain login and network configuration
                  If you, while installing, was logged in with local account or domain account.

Network config is a "class" of different causes for failed install.

Please post relevant section, if any, from config\log\ log files that shows where database creation/cloning first failed during installation process.
                  • 6. Re: not connecting to oracle homepage
                    i found this in the event log.(under applications for oracle) note (the total size of the instillation folder was 347 mb)

The description for Event ID ( 11 ) in Source ( Oracle Services for MTS ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: OracleMTSRecoveryService.
                    • 7. Re: not connecting to oracle homepage
                      orafad
                      What log files do you have under the config\log directory?
                      C:\oracle\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\config\log\ - or similar location in actual install.

If you've got a number of .log files, look through them for ORA errors or other error messages. Post back results.