I'd like to know where I can find documentation about the following, because I have worked through all the OWB 11.2 manuals and I cannot find a coherent answer.
(So I don't want you to tell me what to do , I want to know where it is documented.)
Say I have
designed a mapping in a Oracle module in the Design Center
created a schema in a database
an active Control Center that points to the workspace in the same database as that schema.
Now I want to deploy the mapping to the schema. When I try this I run into a lot of errors. Apparently I have to:
- define the schema as a location in the Design Center
- add this location to the Oracle module
- add the location to the Control Center in the Design Center
- register it in the Control Center Manager
- get the schema to be accepted as a schema to which a can deploy mappings
Can anyone point me to the document/chapter/paragraph which tells me
- which actions have to be taken
- which part of the software (Design Center, Control Center Manager, Repository Assistant)
- what to specify and what this enables/limits
I've been busy doing others things, so it's taken me some time to reply. Thanks for your answer. I've studied the document, but there are still two questions not covered in the text.
*1* add the location to the Control Center in the Design Center
You can include (for want of a better word) locations in a control center in the Design Center (I don't mean registering, that's in the Control Center!):
- left click the Location tab,
- cilck open Control Centers
- double click on the Control Center of interest
- click on Data Locations
Now shown are a list of Available Locations and a list of Selected Locations. You can move locations from one list to the other. In the Selected Locations list you can tick Source and you can tick Target.
As far as I can discover this corner of the Design Center is documented nowhere. What does it do? What should I do? How is it connected to registering locations in the Control Center?
*2* get a schema to be accepted as a schema to which a can deploy mappings
When I first tried to deploy mappings to a schema, I got an error:
"RPE-01012: Cannot deploy PL/SQL maps to this target schema. The target schema must be in the same instance as the Control Center and have the OWB_USER role granted. Please use the OWB Security UI to make the target schema be an OWB User. "
Where in this document, and for that matter, any document, does it say that a target schema has to be an OWB user?