This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 1:38 AM by Nitin Khare RSS

ATG10.1.1 extending CRS.

909693 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have recently installed ATG10.1.1 CRS. I have a few question, I 'll be greatful if some of them gets answered.

1. Can anyone tell me where can I find the steps to extend ATG10.1.1 store CRS and mobile CRS by creating a custom module on top of CRS.
2. I cannot find startDynamoOnJBOSS.bat inside /home/bin. Is this removed in ver10.1.1 ?
3. Is there any specific eclipse version which I should use for developement. As I am not able to create any new ATG module after installing ATG plugin which comes packaged with the 10.1.1 installer.
4. One of our requirement is, we need to have 3 sites and 70% of the products have to be shared within 3 sites and 30% have to be site specific. How can we leverage multisite and Catalog sharing feature provided OOTB to cater this requirement. Can anyone help me out in this direction.

Thanks
Ankur
  • 1. Re: ATG10.1.1 extending CRS.
    Nitin Khare Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    You might have already found the answers to your queries by now nevertheless here are my comments:
    1. Can anyone tell me where can I find the steps to extend ATG10.1.1 store CRS and mobile CRS by creating a custom module on top of CRS.
    Not aware of any such readily available documentation but first thing you want to have is to setup CRS preferably with development installation so that you can run production and publishing instances. Best way to do this is to use CIM tool and follow the steps from CRS documentation.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35318_02/CRS.10-1-1/ATGCRSInstall/ATGCRSInstall.pdf

If you want you can setup and choose additional add-ons like Search but if it is not your requirement then skip it. Once ready with setup go through with the complete functionality provided along with BCC and Merchandising part. Identify the features which you may want to extend and proceed for them in your own ATG module.

2. I cannot find startDynamoOnJBOSS.bat inside /home/bin. Is this removed in ver10.1.1 ?
    Yes it does seem to be removed from ATG10.1 onwards but I think it should not be a cause of concern. startDynamoOnJBOSS script was actually a wrapper which internally used to invoke ATG's runAssembler utility first and then called JBoss' startup script run.bat/run.sh You can always write a custom script for your environment which will do the same job.

3. Is there any specific eclipse version which I should use for developement. As I am not able to create any new ATG module after installing ATG plugin which comes packaged with the 10.1.1 installer.
    I do not know about the Eclipse version compatibility but you should not be too dependent on Eclipse plugin to create ATG module. You can always create ATG module folder structure manually and create configuration files in the config sub-directories as per component paths. Of course you can use any existing module as a reference. Once you create the module structure, create a new Eclipse project with module root directory as your project directory and then use Eclipse for everything else. I personally feel that doing it manually will help in giving more understanding than using a plugin. Refer to creating application module in

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35318_02/Platform.10-1-1/ATGPlatformProgGuide/html/index.html

4. One of our requirement is, we need to have 3 sites and 70% of the products have to be shared within 3 sites and 30% have to be site specific. How can we leverage multisite and Catalog sharing feature provided OOTB to cater this requirement. Can anyone help me out in this direction.
    Yes you should be able to use Multisite feature to meet this requirement. Everything in ProductCatalog repository is made to include a siteIds property which signifies to what all sites that item will be available. You may refer to CRS which already has 3 sites defined: ATG Store US, ATG Store Germany and ATG Home. Catalog items can be shared through BCC Merchandising/Multisite admin. Please refer to the Multisite Admin guide and CRS overview documentation for more (it is a different one from the CRS installation documentation).

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35318_02/Platform.10-1-1/ATGMultisiteAdminGuide/ATGMultisiteAdminGuide.pdf

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35318_02/CRS.10-1-1/ATGCRSOverview/ATGCRSOverview.pdf

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points