Hi I've got an issue with the integration of BI Pulbisher (BIP) and P6 EPPM, I can access the P6 EPPM database directly from BIP and view reports but I'm unable to run reports directly from P6.
I've tried all the usual fixes, reloading the catalogue and adding user permissions to weblogic etc. but still no joy. We did change our security model in BIP from BI Server to BI Publisher and I was wondering if any one has come across a similar issue. I've captured an error log from Enterprise Manager I'm a newbie on the WebLogic stuff so can any one help?
create a new user in BI Publisher and provide reporting database and BIP Administrator permission to the particular user and create the same user id in P6 then login with this user id and try to view the reports.
Hi Thanks for the response, your suggestion didn't work for ourselves but it gave me an idea and I've undertaken the following action plan to get P6 integrated with BI Publisher.
1. created a new group in Weblogic called 'P6Reports' and assigned the BI roles to this group.
2. created a user in WebLogic with an identical user name of the specific user in P6 EEPM and assigned the user to the P6Report Group created in step 1.
3. created a user in BI Publisher with an identical user name of the specific user in P6 EEPM and assigned the user to the P6Report Role created as part of the standard install instructions.
4. Rerun the Global scheduled Service in P6 EPPM.
5. Logged into P6 EPPM with users credentials to access reports in P6 EPPM.
This worked; however its a big administration overhead initially so further investigation is required, it's also little slow when first attempting to access the web reports but once cached not a problem. I'm going to raise an SR to try and resolve this as this is now the sceond environment that does not behave in the expected fashion.