This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 1, 2012 12:52 PM by bigdelboy RSS

solaris administration certfication upgrade

user13540780 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Which course will be better to go after Oracle Solaris 10 System Administration Certified Professional. Which one will be better Sun cluster 3.2/ IBM AIX/ HP-UNIX ?

I need advice since I am going to upgrade my skills.

Thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: solaris administration certfication upgrade
    bigdelboy Pro
    Currently Being Moderated
    user13540780 wrote:
    Hi All,

Which course will be better to go after Oracle Solaris 10 System Administration Certified Professional. Which one will be better Sun cluster 3.2/ IBM AIX/ HP-UNIX ?

I need advice since I am going to upgrade my skills.

Thanks in advance
    The first skill is to think clearly. A 'course' usually means a training course ... yet your questions seems to imply certifications ... especially given you are in a certifcation forum.

One of the more typically reason to choose one or other of the above direcions may be what is useful to your current work; or what you may feel may be useful in getting you a promotion or work with a different employer. If this is the case you need to research your local market. For example on Inishmurray the demand for HP/UX; AIX and Solaris is about equal.

My persoanl evaluation is HP-UX is in decline; I'm not sure what the roadmap is. And unfortunately same seems true of openVMS. Feel free to prove me wrong.

And you haven't mentioned Solaris 11 ....................

As in all cases certificaitons without the experience to back it may not be particualry useful.

And perhaps a linux certification should be considered if you must go wider rather than deeper.

Again AIX is a little difference; but will without the experience would it count for much? It depends on a lot of factors.

In all events the choice is yours ....... but if you do your own research carefully and honestly you may avoid some poor answers.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points