This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2012 9:51 AM by 965121 RSS

Oracle™ Java™ Platform, S.E. D.P. Release 1.7.10 B06 Issue

965121 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear Sirs,
after having installed Oracle™ Java™ Platform, Standard Edition Developer Preview Release 1.7.10 Beta 06 (05.09.2012).exe I performed a deep cleaning using the latest Xleaner Enhanced release, which, because of an error of mine, accidentally deleted the Java Setup files.

O.S.: MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 fully updated.

Because of that I'm unable either to reinstall the same Preview release or to uninstall it.

Obviously I cant install the b9 release as well.

Tried with JavaRa 2.0 too but it also fails.

I need a suggestion on how to get rid of this issue without reinstalling the complete OS.

JavaRa 2.0 Log:

User initialised redundant data purge.
*......................*

Removed registry subkey: java.exe
Removed registry subkey: javaw.exe
**Removed registry subkey trees: 289*
Removed registry subkey: 1.0.1
Removed registry subkey: 1.0.1_02
Removed registry subkey: 1.0.1_03
Removed registry subkey: 1.0.1_04
Removed registry subkey: 1.2
Removed registry subkey: 1.2.0_01
Removed registry subkey tree: JavaSoft
Removal routine completed successfully. 689 items have been deleted.

Other threads about this issue: http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/computer-support/17992-oracle%99-java%99-platform-standard-edition-d-r-1-7-10-b-06-issue-installation-files-post77202.html#post77202, http://www.morethanacleaner.de/forum/16-xleaner-bug-reporting/126-oracle-java-platform-s-e-d-p-r-1-7-10-b06/reply/133

I use bold fonts coz Im visually impaired; tolerance, people, tolerance, for people who cant easily read nornal fonts

RukBat: plz stay away from my thread and let other people decide wheter to help me or not.

Waiting for any useful reply I remain.
Yours.
  • 1. Re: Oracle™ Java™ Platform, S.E. D.P. Release 1.7.10 B06 Issue
    sabre150 Expert
    962118 wrote:

I use bold fonts coz Im visually impaired; tolerance, people, tolerance, for people who cant easily read nornal fonts
    The problem is that the people like me who are less visually impaired find it difficult to read a thread that is all bold.

>
    RukBat: plz stay away from my thread and let other people decide wheter to help me or not.
    Not really your call. If you are dissatisfied with the moderation then please inform Oracle.

>
    Waiting for any useful reply I remain.
    This would seem to be a Windows 7 issue and you might do better to ask for help on a Windows 7 forum but don't hold your breath.

Did you try installing a different version of Java? In the past, to clear similar problems, I have had to do this and then un-install it. I don't promise that this will work but it must be worth a try.
  • 2. Re: Oracle™ Java™ Platform, S.E. D.P. Release 1.7.10 B06 Issue
    965121 Newbie
    Hi Sabre,
    I understand your position about bold fonts, but believe to me if I say I also use zooming / magnifier to read over the web, and without glasses when I read some newspaper / book.

If I read on the web without glasses I had to past the monitor to my face in order to see something useful than just draws (is not good being visually impaired; using glasses all day long to walk, make shopping at local supermarket, read the web, etc., often brings me headheaches, and I cant live using painkillers.

This time, even if costs me a lot I won't use bold letters in respects to you, coz have been polite.

About the moderator; well, if he will let other people decide bu themselves help me or not, everything will be ok.

Back to Java issue:
    I suggest you to take a look at my other threads on other forums, where I got the suggestion to manually modify the Windows Registry, in spite of the first answer got form Rukbat.

I dont lie to you if I state Im quite disoriented and confused: have I to modify my Windows registry or not?

At this time I tried almost everything of my knowledge to get rid of this issue, in vain.

Unistallers, Windows Cleanup, reinstalling Java SE Developer releases:everything failed.

I've been able to understand the problem is a missing DLL file that Java installers/uninstallers search for that file at D:/Program files/Java when the correct path is D:/Program files/Oracle Sun/Java.

Anyway, after any unsuccessful trial of uninstallation I revert the last backup copy on my hands, in order to avoid make any further disaster.

Regards.

P.S.. Is there a way to use at least bigger fonts in this editor? It will help me a lot.
  • 3. Re: Oracle™ Java™ Platform, S.E. D.P. Release 1.7.10 B06 Issue
    965121 Newbie
    PROBLEM SOLVED.
    TX N RGDS.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points