3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2012 12:48 AM by 802907 RSS

Not able to set referral

Hi All,

I have two ODSEE Instance i.e., Instance1 & Instance2 running on 11389 & 21389 respectively.

Instance1 & Instance2 both have suffix, ou=corporate,o=com but only Instance1 has the user accounts.

I am trying to setup a referral on Instance2 (so that everytime Instance2 is queried, all the ldap operations should go to Instance1) suffix using the below command:

./dsconf set-server-prop -h localhost -p 21389 ou=corporate,o=com referral-url:ldap://localhost:11389

ou=corporate,o=com is not a valid PROP:VAL.
      The operation set-server-prop failed on Instance2 21389.

As per the oracle documentation, below is the syntax:

Use the dsconf command-line utility to set one or more default referrals. $ dsconf set-server-prop -h host -p port suffix-DN referral-url:referral-URL
      http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E20295_01/html/821-1220/bcadz.html#scrolltoc

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with above command?

Regards,
      Sunny
        • 1. Re: Not able to set referral
          Your referral url doesn't look like a complete URL, as it has no basedn. Although sometimes dsconf commands fail due to missing some other switches, like

dsconf set-server-prop -i -e -h localhost -p 21389 ou=corporate,o=com referral-url:ldap://localhost:11389

Maybe put in the FQDN instead of 'localhost', too.

I'd think that for your purposes, you'd want a smart referral instead.
          • 2. Re: Not able to set referral
            Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried using FQDN and basedn while setting the referral but still it;s not working :-(.

*./dsconf -h demo.machine.com -p port referral-url://demo.machine.com:port/basedn*

I also tried the below command but it;s throwing the syntax error:

*./dsconf -h demo.machine.com -p port basedn referral-url://demo.machine.com:port/basedn*

here basedn is same in both the instances.

Regards,
            Sunny
            • 3. Re: Not able to set referral
              Did you try this form?

dsconf set-server-prop -i -e -h localhost -p 21389 ou=corporate,o=com referral-url:ldap://localhost:11389

Again, I suspect what you really want here is a smart referral. But the dsconf error sounds like something I've seen when the -i -e or something else is out of place.