This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 5:24 AM by Svetoslav Gyurov RSS

Oracle 11gR2 Single Node RAC installation on Linux x86-64

user12183227 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I am having task of installaing the Oracle 11gR2 single node RAC on Linux x86-64. I tried to google for the steps and procedures to install it. But couldnt find anything specific. Even tried in Oracle Metallink support. I just got only Oracle 9i single node RAC installation. It would be great if anyone would help me out in this.

And one more point I would like to know is, the single node RAC and Oracle RAC one node (11g feature) is same or not. Whats the exact difference between it.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Oracle 11gR2 Single Node RAC installation on Linux x86-64
    Balazs Papp Expert
    I am having task of installaing the Oracle 11gR2 single node RAC on Linux x86-64. I tried to google for the steps and procedures to install it. But couldnt find anything specific. Even tried in Oracle Metallink support. I just got only Oracle 9i single node RAC installation. It would be great if anyone would help me out in this.
    the installation process is exactly the sames as installing for multiple nodes, you just simply dont specify additional nodes
    And one more point I would like to know is, the single node RAC and Oracle RAC one node (11g feature) is same or not. Whats the exact difference between it.
    lets handle the two things seperately

there is a cluster, that may contain one or multiple nodes
    then there is a database above the cluster that can be RAC or RAC One Node

RAC: multiple instances / database on multiple nodes in the cluster
    RAC One Node: one instance / database on any (but one at a time) node of the cluster with relocation ability to other nodes

having a single-node cluster, there is no difference
  • 2. Re: Oracle 11gR2 Single Node RAC installation on Linux x86-64
    user12183227 Newbie
    alright thanks a lot.. Still is there any specific document for this 11g single node RAC installation. Any notes id something !
  • 3. Re: Oracle 11gR2 Single Node RAC installation on Linux x86-64
    Svetoslav Gyurov Explorer
    Hi,

The only difference is when you are creating the DB. After 11gR2 there is a new option in DBCA - Oracle RAC One Node database. You still need to install GI on one or more nodes. I've delivered presentation about RAC One Node several times, you can find it here:
    http://sve.to/papers/Maximum_availability_Oracle112_RON.pdf

Hope it help.

Regards,
    Sve

Incoming Links

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points